turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A first

Started by albrubacker, September 03, 2015, 05:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrubacker

Our archery season opened Sept 1. I made it out that afternoon. Was set up in the tree by 3:30 on a fence row between two standing corn fields. Around 7 a small fork horn came wandering out of the corn. I watched him for 15-20 min when he started looking over his shoulder. So I started checking the field with bino's and found him. It took a few minutes and he worked his way toward me. Took the shot at 25 yrds, he made it 40 yrds. It is the first buck I ever harvested in velvet.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

jepcho

Thats awesome man!  Congrats!  Our season doesn't open until October 1st, I would love the opportunity to shoot a velvet buck, someday I'll go out west and do so

guesswho

Nice.  Is that a shadow or his coloration that runs across his nose/face?

Congrats!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Happy

Congrats on a beautiful buck!

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

albrubacker

Quote from: guesswho on September 03, 2015, 06:08:55 PM
Nice.  Is that a shadow or his coloration that runs across his nose/face?

Congrats!
Honestly I am not sure.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

outdoors

THAT IS FROM LACK OF SLEEP   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mgm1955

Congrats!! Very nice trophy!!

dejake

Nice buck, well done!

renegade19

BowBendr

Dang fine deer ! Congrats !!

2015 Old Gobbler contest champions

Tail Feathers

He's a good 'un!  Congrats! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

M Sharpe

Quote from: jepcho on September 03, 2015, 06:03:00 PM
Thats awesome man!  Congrats!  Our season doesn't open until October 1st, I would love the opportunity to shoot a velvet buck, someday I'll go out west and do so

You can go to South Carolina...
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

owlhoot

Very nice.   What bow are you shooting?

albrubacker

Quote from: owlhoot on September 05, 2015, 01:53:44 PM
Very nice.   What bow are you shooting?
Thanks! An Excalibur Exomax crossbow.

—Charlie Elliott

jepcho

Quote from: M Sharpe on September 05, 2015, 08:29:14 AM
Quote from: jepcho on September 03, 2015, 06:03:00 PM

You can go to South Carolina...
Good to know. I'll keep that in mind, thanks