turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Warm Weather Hunting Clothes

Started by SinGin, September 01, 2015, 09:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

Archery season stars here in Mo in 14 days and it's still in the 90's. Does anyone have a recomedation for clothing to wear when it's so hot?

dejake

Socks and boots, only.  Just beware of briars.

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

owlhoot

SinGin

Quote from: dejake on September 02, 2015, 08:39:36 AM

Are socks really nesecary?

natman

Where I hunt turkeys in the spring it'll be in the 40s or less in the morning and in the 80s or more when the fog burns off in the early afternoon, so thermal versatility is a must.

I have a pair of lightweight nylon camo zip off pants that are comfortable to wear even when it's hot. I keep the legs on when I'm out in the field, but it sure feels good to zip them off once I get back to the car!

I still wear boots while hunting but I searched specifically for a pair that was truly UNinsulated. I finally found a pair of Rocky boots that fit the bill. I wear them with thick wool socks if it's cold.

I have some vented and mesh camo t-shirts I wear as a final layer.

mote1977

First Lite merino wool is the only thing I'll wear for early archery and spring gobbler. I wear the Kanab pants and Llano 1/4 zip when it's in the 80's and I'm comfortable.

Onpoint

Quote from: mote1977 on September 03, 2015, 01:35:11 PM
First Lite merino wool is the only thing I'll wear for early archery and spring gobbler. I wear the Kanab pants and Llano 1/4 zip when it's in the 80's and I'm comfortable.
Good choice
I have the kanabs
I prefer the kuiu tiburon series

even better than that though is the no longer made russel apxg2 reflector series. I wear these pants ans the kuiu tiburon shirt

jepcho

Quote from: dejake on September 02, 2015, 08:39:36 AM

HAHAHAHA!!!
I where my light weight under armor camo pants and a thin polyester camo long sleeve shirt.  I know I am supposed to go duck hunting this weekend and it's supposed to be 90.. Not looking forward to wearing waders in that weather

allaboutshooting

Dove season starts here on Saturday. It will be hot and very humid with a 50% chance of rain. We will start shooting at 2:00 p.m. so we'll be out in the hottest part of the day. I'll wear a loose open mesh zip on top with an o.d. short sleeve cotton "T" shirt, some light weight o.d. pants and my snake boots since copperheads are abundant where we are to shoot.

I know that loose top would not be good for archery hunting but some variation of that could work.

Whatever you wear, I hope you have a great hunt,

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."