turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Been A While!

Started by guesswho, August 27, 2015, 02:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Been a long time since I've seen gas at this price.   This is about five miles from my house.   What's it running where you live?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

trkehunr93

Were seeing 1.99 in my part of VA

USMC0331

davisd9

Quote from: USMC0331 on August 27, 2015, 04:12:48 PM
$1.85 in Rock Hill SC

Bought some at QT at corner of 901 and cherry for 1.869. Bet the one at Celanese is cheaper!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

THattaway

$1.94 here in Mauldin on my drive to work but it's been headed down the last few days. Never say never I guess. I paid more for gas in the late '80s.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Devastator

Last i paid was 2.53 on Sunday,in northern Pa.

West Augusta

$2.49 at the Exxon here in north central West Virginia.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

THattaway

Correction...it was $1.82 at the QT on my way back home. Dropped from $1.94 this morn.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Tail Feathers

$2.29 a gallon today here in Texas, 100 miles from half the refineries in Texas... :angry9:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

guesswho

Quote from: Tail Feathers on August 27, 2015, 08:51:35 PM
$2.29 a gallon today here in Texas, 100 miles from half the refineries in Texas... :angry9:
The differences in prices across the country make absolutely no sense to me.   That's crazy!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

crow

2.49 to 2.57 in southern Pa.

THattaway

Quote from: guesswho on August 27, 2015, 08:54:44 PM
Quote from: Tail Feathers on August 27, 2015, 08:51:35 PM
The differences in prices across the country make absolutely no sense to me.   That's crazy!
State taxes are one influence I believe. NC has a higher gas tax and you will see a big difference in price at stations on either side of the SC/NC state line. Gas pipelines run through the upper third of the state here and prices normally are lower closer to them, always heard it was due to lower cost to transport.

outdoors

I THINK THE LONGER TO TRANSPORT  THE PETROL FROM THE PROCESS PALNT ,INCREASE THE COST
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

fallhnt

2.51 - 2.74 in central IL.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

davisd9

Should have waited a day, 1.799 at the 7-11.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer