OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dawkins plastic aluminum pot?

Started by bowbird87, August 13, 2015, 05:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowbird87

Ive been thinking about picking one up, any insight would be appreciated.

RiverClark1991

As good as money can by in my opinion give him a call he loves to talk turkey to me it sounds as good as wood

Spring Fever

It is as good as his wood if not better. You won't be disappointed.

SS Calls

I ran one at his shop a few years ago. Fine sounding call!  :you_rock: As RiverClark said, give him a call. Great guy to talk to.

scoot12

I have his plastic slate and like it better then his walnut slate,  their is a soundfile of his plastic aluminum in the soundfile section on the second page.  Great sounding aluminum call.

PALongspur

If it runs anything like his plastic slate you won't be disappointed!!

SKFOOTER

What striker do you guys think sounds the best on the Dawkins Aluminum plastic pot?? :OGturkeyhead:

Jgarrett

John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 28, 2016, 05:38:50 PM
What striker do you guys think sounds the best on the Dawkins Aluminum plastic pot?? :OGturkeyhead:

For me I like a DND flare tipped war hammer better than anything I've ran on it.

Spitten and drummen

I'm running the one he sent with it. Normally I use only one piece customs but on this particular call , it sounded so good to me , I just use it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

SKFOOTER

What's the difference in his anodized aluminum and his stoned aluminum pots?? :OGturkeyhead:

scoot12

For the sound difference,  I would say the stoned aluminum has a sharper more pronounced yelp.  Both cluck and purr real nice.  The anodized I use a alcohol pad on the surface and the stoned I just use a green scotchbrite pad on.  I actually think the stoned is easier to run and produce all the sounds you need.  Scoot

boatpaddle

Quote from: scoot12 on March 29, 2016, 09:04:37 AM
For the sound difference,  I would say the stoned aluminum has a sharper more pronounced yelp.  Both cluck and purr real nice.  The anodized I use a alcohol pad on the surface and the stoned I just use a green scotchbrite pad on.  I actually think the stoned is easier to run and produce all the sounds you need.  Scoot

I'm in agreement with Scoot.....

I really like the stoned surface........Lyman snakewood & a Fowler bocote..... :icon_thumright:
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

idratherb

you wont see mine in the classifieds

Spitten and drummen

Mine won't be in the classifieds either. I love that call.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE