OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tired, Tired, Tired!!!!

Started by guesswho, June 30, 2015, 01:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I started with my current company back in 1978.  Every since that September day way back when I've been tired, real tired!   The people I went to work for told me I could make tons of money blah, blah, blah.   I just didn't realize it would all be for them ;D   

So a couple weeks ago I had a back tooth crack in half and disappear. I think I know where it went but didn't take the time to look for it.  It was at that time I finally realized I came into this world with no teeth and no money, and it's looking like I'm going to go out the same way .  So as of 5 pm today I have excepted that fact, plus I'm tired of being tired so I am now retired!   Maybe now I can find some time in the spring to turkey hunt :fud:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greybeard11

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."  -John Wayne

Tail Feathers

Congrats Ronnie!  Enjoy the good life!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

hobbes

Congrats on the retirement.  I'm not sure I'll ever see retirement unless I come to the same conclusion as you have.  Enjoy the retirement.

drenalinld

Good deal!! You might even do some deer waiting.

GobbleNut

Sorry to hear about the tooth,...but as for the rest, cry me a river, dood.  What are you,...like mid-fifties?  You must have done something right if you can retire at your age.  Or did you qualify for disability income for breaking a friggin' tooth?   ....I do like the idea about more turkey huntin', though.....even with a gap in yur teeth.... ;D

kyturkeyhunter4

Clif Owen

Nothing wrong with retiring young enough to enjoy it. I see guys that waited too long all the time. I firmly believe also that one's attitude has a lot to do with it. If a guy looks forward to it; he does better. We had 3 supervisors that more or less were forced into it by circumstances at home and none fared well. In fact, one guy never collected his first retirement check.

As for myself, I retired last summer at the age of 52. I then went to work for a friend part time for a bit of extra spending money. No pressure, work when and if I want to. I'm having a great time at that!

Gooserbat

I'm sure you'll fare just fine.  Congrats
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

dirt road ninja

guesswho

Quote from: GobbleNut on June 30, 2015, 04:34:50 PM
Or did you qualify for disability income for breaking a friggin' tooth?   ....I do like the idea about more turkey huntin', though.....even with a gap in yur teeth.... ;D
See, there was a reason for my red pill, blue pill madness.   You play that card a few years then eat your own teeth and smile and they stamp approved all over your paper work!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

davisd9

Congratulations Mr. Ronnie! Definitely something to be proud of!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ccleroy

Congrats Ronnie! The turkeys, not so much!

mgm1955

M Sharpe

All that free time on your hands now, you might be able to change your name to eight....... ;)

Congrats bud! Happy for you!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!