OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question about Missouri

Started by JK Spurs, June 29, 2015, 10:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-55Bandit

Quote from: Hooksfan on July 13, 2015, 11:10:56 PM

I also find it interesting to see Missouri residents complaining about the nonresident pressure and speak of their own exploits in Kansas and Nebraska in the same breath. Sorry, but "I don't want someone else to kill MY turkeys" isn't a sound biological argument.
Hey I resemble that statement ;D

Hooksfan

Haha. Well at least your man enough to admit it. Turkeys aren't smallmouth bass and this Ole boy ain't catching and releasing gobblers.
Speaking of smallmouth, this has been one of the most frustrating summers to get on the creeks with all of the
rain.

LI Outdoorsman

Plus the more these guys sound like they dont want non residents messing with their turkeys the more it kinda makes you wanna go there and give it try!..
(must be something good their hiding down there!)

drenalinld

Only place I have found local hunters resent non-resident hunters more is in MS.

I-55Bandit

Quote from: Hooksfan on July 14, 2015, 02:53:56 PM
Haha. Well at least your man enough to admit it. Turkeys aren't smallmouth bass and this Ole boy ain't catching and releasing gobblers.
Speaking of smallmouth, this has been one of the most frustrating summers to get on the creeks with all of the
rain.
Terrible! I have been once

Hooksfan

Quote from: drenalinld on July 14, 2015, 04:31:50 PM
Only place I have found local hunters resent non-resident hunters more is in MS.
Ain't that the truth. Those Mississippi boys just don't like the Louisiana hooligans and I can't say I blame em. And until I moved to Missouri, I was one of those Louisiana hooligans hunting Mississippi. :toothy9:

owlhoot

Quote from: LI Outdoorsman on July 14, 2015, 04:05:09 PM
Plus the more these guys sound like they dont want non residents messing with their turkeys the more it kinda makes you wanna go there and give it try!..
(must be something good their hiding down there!)
Haha,  well we should all go to Bama then. They say the aint got no turkeys there!
We got even less in MO. :smiley-char092:
Plus they got loooong seasons and all day hunting , right alone with huge bag limits on Toms! ;D

Hooksfan

Sent from the Strut Zone
[/quote]
Deer and turkey in the fall earlier , so why not spring turkey?
[/quote]
Because turkeys aren't deer.Fall hunting doesn't educate the birds like Spring hunting would.If a state like Missouri had an early archery season, every shotgun hunter in the state would be hunting birds that had already been pressured. I am an archery hunter and I choose to do that for the challenge. I have taken part in the early Kansas Season and would also do it if Missouri had an early season, but I don't believe I deserve any special treatment because I chose to use a bow. I find it kind of ironic that archery guys tout the difficulty levels associated with archery methods and then turn around and support regulations that would inherently only make it EASIER to kill a turkey.
If you want to archery hunt turkeys, go for it. They are legal to use during the firearms season in every state I am aware of. As I stated earlier, I would support an extra week for the dedicated archery folks AFTER the regular season.