Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Beretta A300 Outlander/ Camo/Barrel issues.

Started by Longshanks, June 27, 2015, 09:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longislandloco

Good luck with you gun, I don't mean to rain on your parade, I have friends with B guns and there happy with theirs. Folks who generally bash other guns are usually windbags, didn't mean to sound like that. Happy Shootin'.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

Longshanks

Quote from: longislandloco on July 09, 2015, 04:17:43 PM
Good luck with you gun, I don't mean to rain on your parade, I have friends with B guns and there happy with theirs. Folks who generally bash other guns are usually windbags, didn't mean to sound like that. Happy Shootin'.

Not at all, I'm still not sure how this gun is gonna hold up and have read some things about it that are concerning. Guess time will tell with this gun. Thanks for the heads up from you guys. It's easy to find good reviews but I definitely want to hear about any problems people have seen.

Longshanks

So far..so good. Shot all the stock chokes today with loads from 1 ounce dove loads  to 2 ounce turkey loads. No ejection problems,  even round patterns and the POA/ POI was dead on. Good 30-35 yd hunting pattern with the full choke and Winchester Super X 1 7/8 3" 6's.  Patterning the Jebs .655 with all the Win 3" lead loads in 6's including LB's. Then patterning the Hevi 13 magblends, 3/2/6's,3/2/7's and Fed 3rd Degree, Fed HW 7's. Will report some results.

josephsimpson

I just wanted to add that I too just got this shotgun for Christmas and it has a camo issue.   Looks like either the camo dip did not take and they sealed it with a 1/2 by 1/8 section on the barrel not covered or touched it up with paint that did not match the surrounding pattern.   Since I did google for issues on this before asking for it but did not find this thread till now, I wanted to post that they do lack great work on the Camo.  Per the warranty it is caveat emptor on this issue because they state you should inspect before taking it.  Lesson learned but in the big box store like Field and Streams which is owned by Dicks, on a black Friday sale they do not even offer to inspect nor give you the time.   So beware, on Beretta you need to inspect before paying and insist on pulling the barrel out of the plastic bag.  Based on other thread if you have issues which you will you have to paint it and seal any chips etc.   

Longshanks

Bought an Xtrema from Bass Pro one time that had a place on the gun that was about an 1/8-1/4 of an inch where the camo didn't meet like you are talking about. They sold it to me as a blemish gun for $450 off the price. The Outlander I bought the camo looked good but the camo on the barrel was completely different than the rest of the gun. They took the gun back. Camo on the new one I bought looks good and so far is operating fantastic. Can't wait to work on the turkeys this spring!