OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beretta A300 Outlander/ Camo/Barrel issues.

Started by Longshanks, June 27, 2015, 09:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Bought an A300 today at Dicks Sporting Goods. Got the gun home and put it together. The camo on the barrel doesn't match the camo on the rest of the gun. Gun is Real Tree Max 5. I have seen the dip look different on the stocks as compared to the barrel and receiver but the barrel looks very different than the rest of the gun. Camo on barrel is much more yellow. I can find the max 5 emblem all over the gun accept on the barrel. Put the nut on the barrel when I put it together hand tight. Now I cant get the nut back off.  Anyone seen this? Thinking about taking the gun back.

Longshanks

Owned allot of Beretta shotguns and that was not the quality I have come to know. I unscrewed the choke from the barrel and had a difficult time getting the choke out of the barrel. Not sure what was going on with that gun in terms of the barrel/camo but the quality was pitiful. Took the gun back and they gave me a full refund.

owlhoot

Did you check out others they had? Were they same problems too?

Longshanks

Quote from: owlhoot on June 28, 2015, 09:19:23 AM

Only one they had..probably a replacement part gun someone brought back. Sort of interesting, I can buy an 870 and use it for 25years with no problems. Buy a gun that cost 4 times as much and it comes with poor quality. These companies making knock off versions of their quality guns I'm not so sure about just yet. Can find all over the internet about problems with the Outlander A300. Sorry about the rant.

mudhen

Switching barrels on the rack is not totally uncommon....often done by employees to make a sale not knowing that it usually just makes a mess...

I'd start with Beretta CS and check the build record for that gun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Quote from: Longshanks on June 28, 2015, 11:04:10 AM
Quote from: owlhoot on June 28, 2015, 09:19:23 AM

Only one they had..probably a replacement part gun someone brought back. Sort of interesting, I can buy an 870 and use it for 25years with no problems. Buy a gun that cost 4 times as much and it comes with poor quality. These companies making knock off versions of their quality guns are producing crap. Can find all over the internet about problems with the Outlander A300. Sorry about the rant.
You can now go and buy at least 2 870's with the refund.

Very good point,I forgot they're still making the wingmaster

Longshanks

Quote from: longislandloco on June 29, 2015, 07:15:09 PM
Or buy an 870 Wingmaster that will last three generations, and yes my 2015 Wingmaster is just as smooth as my 1986 Wingmaster and has nice wood.

That's a good idea..I have two wingmasters that I have done allot of work to and turkey hunt with most of the time. A nice clean Wingmaster would be nice for wingshooting.

Longshanks

Quote from: mudhen on June 29, 2015, 03:20:53 PM
Switching barrels on the rack is not totally uncommon....often done by employees to make a sale not knowing that it usually just makes a mess...

I'd start with Beretta CS and check the build record for that gun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that was the case...I have talked to my gunsmith and he is having good results with the Outlanders he is selling. Must have been the wrong barrel. They quickly refunded my money when I took the gun back in. My gunsmith is getting me one now. Going to put a hi-viz sight and white middle bead and polish anything that needs it in the action. Got my fingers crossed. Interested in this gun for my kids. Can take out spacer on stock and have a stock under 13".

PALongspur

I wouldn't give two nickels for a NEW Remington. Everything the new company is putting out seems like garbage, which is a shame.

Longshanks

Quote from: PALongspur on July 07, 2015, 10:56:56 AM
I wouldn't give two nickels for a NEW Remington. Everything the new company is putting out seems like garbage, which is a shame.

The new Rem I have required a allot of work to get it right. Polishing, etc.

the Ward

My Son has the max 4 300 outlander and so far it has been a real workhorse. Only issue was when he first got it he had a couple cheap steel target loads get stuck in the chamber. Just happened the one time and has been flawless since. We just chalked it up to a new gun and crappy shells. The 300 runs really clean for a gas gun. The camo finish is so so on his gun, too. I would buy the black one and use the $ saved to dip it or cera-coat it. Very nice balance on this gun, the one thing we don't like is the small bolt release button, its real stiff and hard to push with thick gloves on when waterfowling. It puts up some very nice hunting patterns with the stock full choke and Long Beard 4s and 5s. It is primarily his duck gun and he normally uses a Sumtoy Air Traffic Control lite mod and BC 3s or 4s and that combo is extremely devastating! All in all I think it is a good gun for the money. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have!

Longshanks

Quote from: the Ward on July 07, 2015, 01:38:50 PM
My Son has the max 4 300 outlander and so far it has been a real workhorse. Only issue was when he first got it he had a couple cheap steel target loads get stuck in the chamber. Just happened the one time and has been flawless since. We just chalked it up to a new gun and crappy shells. The 300 runs really clean for a gas gun. The camo finish is so so on his gun, too. I would buy the black one and use the $ saved to dip it or cera-coat it. Very nice balance on this gun, the one thing we don't like is the small bolt release button, its real stiff and hard to push with thick gloves on when waterfowling. It puts up some very nice hunting patterns with the stock full choke and Long Beard 4s and 5s. It is primarily his duck gun and he normally uses a Sumtoy Air Traffic Control lite mod and BC 3s or 4s and that combo is extremely devastating! All in all I think it is a good gun for the money. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have!

Thank you, picked it up today after having a hi-viz sight and a white middle bead put on the gun. This gun looks good and assembly was smooth.  Can't wait to shoot the gun after a deep cleanng and getting all the preservative oil off the gun.

gatrkyhntr70

I wanted one until I came across a guy on a public duck swamp that had the bolt handle fall off. And after some research heard about other issues. Not to mention the customer service issue a friend had with beretta over a A400 unicoi.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Longshanks

Taking this Beretta A300 on a couple of quail hunts and a dove hunting weekend and will be shooting allot of rounds through it. Patterning with a Jebs .655 and turkey loads as well. Will have a good report for you on this gun in the next couple of months. I have three other Berettas to compare so we will see about the quality of these baseline priced guns. Even though one gun from a manufacturer is hard to guage the quality of the whole line...if it says Beretta on the gun it should be right.