OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

#1 2011

Started by Treecall, March 27, 2011, 06:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treecall

http://m1191.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Jbouler/1c45ce37.jpg.html?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2c45qPyjzGmlBhones0K5ZWl7p%2FscAJPVKmsWjrHhr6v0vuLUfCS0di0XR5EaaZ7KL0g98dRfL4jsZki20GzeUWuOhkSLE0LNzv%2FQZ%2B7yqIrYydsQF%2FOMr9wrWLqrIymx7Wh3DGYm89igxf5l0E%2F3yw%3D

10" beard 3/4 & 7/8" spurs 19lbs.
Well we got in the woods early just so we could get a good position on this bird. It started breaking light so i decided to get out my owl hooter to locate the bird and sure enough he gobbled. We eased in to within 150 yards and set up. After sitting for about 30 minutes thru gobble after gobble I made some tree yelps and he cut me off so I shut up. Well after about 20 minutes he couldn't take it anymore and flew all the way to us but landed behind us and left us gobbling. It was weird because he seemed so interested but when he hit the ground just went straight away gobbling. After a Lil while we made our move. He continued gobbling but wasn't moving so I figured he was in his strut zone so we eased in on him. We make it to the edge of cow pasture and squatted down. Out of nowhere he appears to my left and we are dead to rights so I thought. I guess he really liked that bug he chased but that gave us enough time to lay down on our stomach. I gained my composure and did a series of yelps followed by some clucks on my mouth call and he loved it. He started strutting then gobbled and then started making his way to us. About 70 yds out he let out a deep rattling gobble and I have to say i was about to die at this point. He continued his approach then as he reached around 30 yards he gobbled again and I couldn't take any more. I let him meet the 3 1/2 magnum blends thus ending his career. The most wonderful hunt I have ever been apart of. I truly love this sport. Thanks for reading.

-JOE-
Shoot the strutter

tra_cline

congrats... always good to start the year off right!

mossy835

JVA54

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

nctrkyhntr

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

bowhunter84

turkey slayer

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your bird!!! :icon_thumright:

busta biggun

boggszilla

Very nice bird,congrats.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

redleg06