turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

"Old Hen"

Started by trb136, June 08, 2015, 01:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trb136

Nothing Fancy about this combo,Walnut and Poplar.. But one of the purest hen turkey box call combinations IMO..Not sure why hunters dont order this combo more? This one is headed to Maryland, Good luck with her Will. thanks Tim

outdoors

WHATS YOUR RECIPE
NICE LOOKING CALL  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

silverspur

Tim, That is a classic looking Old Hen Box call right there.  I like it! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

West Augusta

Nice color in that Walnut.  Made a good looking box out of it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

callmakerman

Quote from: West Augusta on June 08, 2015, 02:42:51 PM
I was thinking the same as Steve. Maybe it's the lighting but that walnut really stands out. Very nice.

trb136

Quote from: West Augusta on June 08, 2015, 02:42:51 PM
Yea Steve  Im Glad I bought a bunch of it!! :icon_thumright:

SS Calls

Nice one in a good combo man.  :icon_thumright:

letinmfly

One of THE best combos for pure turkey talk!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Yoder409

My favorite combo in a Cost style box !!!!!!!

Classic stuff or sure and a GORGEOUS call !!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Roughneck

Will

I want to update this post since I received the call today. Not only is it a looker it sure is turkey. I think a lot of calls today go with a lot of rasp but this one sounds just like that mature hen. Having heard plenty of hens this spring I took note and wish I had that old hen sound to compete. The call is exactly what I asked, old hen. I will update with a sound bite soon.
Thanks Tim
Will

jepcho

Looks great. Excited to hear the sound bite

Will

I'm by no means a box call player like Tim but here is the sound to my call he made me. When you begin to listen I'm playing from the right side. I'm right handed and the change in tone is from the left side. Towards the end when you hear more yawk in the call I'm squeezing the body just slightly. Call sounds great and is that Old Hen sound.

http://youtu.be/e3i2AwGTG88

mgm1955