only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

help with indian creek pattern

Started by Xtrema30, June 04, 2015, 08:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie234

I had to get a scope for my shotgun after buying an Indian creek choke

Longshanks

I had a Indian Creek .665 that shot some awesome patterns. I couldn't reel it in with adjustable tru glo sights. Shot way right and high. Folks at Indian Creek have awesome customer service and took care of it for me. I will buy more chokes from them due to their great service and killer patterns.

Xtrema30

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on June 05, 2015, 05:53:55 PM
Quote from: Xtrema30 on June 05, 2015, 05:32:04 PM
i really don't want to have to put a scope on it. i hate having to be confined to trying to find a turkey in a scope and what not. plus moving shots, running shots etc. because we all know sooner or later were all gonna have to make that type of shot. things never happen like i want lol...why can't it just shoot straight lol but i shot it again today with the regular stock and it shot low again so i know its not just my new pistol grip stock

Have you ever considered a quality reflex sight? Something like a Burris Fastfire or even the more expensive Eotech?

You dont have to close one eye and focus through it, just look at your target and pull the gun up like you would with a bead.

I'm really not able to spend 250 or so on a fast fire at the moment.

allaboutshooting

I am a little late in this discussion but have a could of suggestions for you. I noted in your first post that you shot out of a vice. Have you tried sitting comfortably on the ground, maybe with your back resting against a tree or other object as if you were turkey hunting? If not, I'd recommend that you try that.
Before you shoot again however, I'd recommend that you remove your choke, clean it and the bore of your gun thoroughly, "deep clean" and reinstall the choke, tighten it completely, then back it out just 2 turns and reinstall.
I'd give it a try then at some big paper, shoot at no more than 25 yards and see what happens, making sure that your cheek is down on the comb of your stock and really squeezing the trigger, so that's it's a surprise when it goes off.
If it's still shooting off your POA, I'd recommend that you install a factory full choke and repeat the process.
By shooting both the Indian Creek choke and the factory full choke, under the same conditions, you'll be able to tell if it's the choke or your gun.
If the factory choke shoots to POA, you'll know it's the choke, if not, it may be the gun. Some times threads are not bored concentrically (barrel or choke) and this causes the POA/POI problem.
If it's the turkey choke, I'd contact Mike or Stuart at Indian Creek and see if they will exchange that choke for another one. (You'll have done all that you can to see what the problem is and will be able to answer their questions.)
I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Xtrema30

well i cleaned my gun and re shot the choke. same results. put choke in my dads 870 shot it. same results so i sent my choke back to IC and am awaiting a refund. Going to see what the Jebs is about next

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Xtrema30 on June 19, 2015, 05:05:09 PM
well i cleaned my gun and re shot the choke. same results. put choke in my dads 870 shot it. same results so i sent my choke back to IC and am awaiting a refund. Going to see what the Jebs is about next

It sounds like you did all you could. I think you'll be pleased with the JEB's. It's been a very popular choke with my readers in all configurations.

Thanks,
Clark

Xtrema30

Clark,
Give me some advice on the constrictions if you dont mind please sir

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Xtrema30 on June 19, 2015, 06:32:22 PM
Clark,
Give me some advice on the constrictions if you dont mind please sir

With most guns, if you're shooting #6 or #7shot, the .650 JEB's will serve you best. I've also found that e.d. to work best with the new Magnum Blend shells with #4, #5 & #7 shot as well as the 3rd Degree shells from Federal. Some of my readers have also done well with the .655 but most do best with the .650.

Thanks,
Clark