OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

PA Bird

Started by Cutt, June 03, 2015, 11:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Usually get a bird that breaks the 20lb. mark, but not this year. The heaviest bird I got this year was 19.5 lbs., I must be chasing them around too much?

Rapscallion Vermilion

Time for a new scale.  Get one that rounds up.  Nice bird  :)

TauntoHawk

I've always noticed birds I shot later in the season averaged less then birds killed early which makes sense when they are more focused on strutting, fighting and breaking than eating.

The longer than normal winter could have had overall weights down this year a bit too
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

strutnva

close enough, congrats

jepcho

I shot several lighter weight gobblers this year as well. Did kill one that went 23 lbs though

kyturkeyhunter4

Congrats! On the turkey, the birds I killed here in Ky this year the weight was down on them also.

beagler

Never Misses

Cutt

Quote from: jepcho on June 04, 2015, 07:52:13 PM
I shot several lighter weight gobblers this year as well.

My first this year in Ohio weighed 16.5 lbs., figured small 2 year old? But still not sure, as the spurs looked more like a 3 year old?

CT Spur Collector

My first Pa bird was 21 lbs. killed on the first day. My second bird was 16lbs, killed on the 27th. They do loose some weight through the season.