News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A little late, but the end is near...2016 in Hawaii

Started by gobble157, June 02, 2015, 03:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobble157

Quote from: slamman on June 02, 2015, 08:28:07 PM
Great job David you make it look easy. ;D ;D  After Hawaii what next, maybe a book?  Pomaika`i in Hawaii next year.

God Bless.

Bill

Bill!!

Hola my friend!

Not sure as of yet. I'm fumbling around ideas, but thinking about starting all over but this go around filming it all. Would be awesome to document all of these hunts on video. All I need is another turkey hunting slayer that will join my endeavors and I'll be set. Trying to push ol' Dave Owens to bite the bullet as I know he's just as diehard as I and can take off the time like myself. We shall see but would be a great thing to record over the coming years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

357MAGNOLE

When you come through Virginia you have a camera man in me.  Surely someone that has killed that many birds in that many locations can teach me a thing or two.  I will work for free.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

gobble157

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on June 02, 2015, 11:42:40 PM
When you come through Virginia you have a camera man in me.  Surely someone that has killed that many birds in that many locations can teach me a thing or two.  I will work for free.

Brother...you are hired :) When I make my round back through the beautiful VA I'll give you a shout. I hunted the Jefferson National forest near rural retreat. stunning beauty.

hobbes

Congrats and good luck in accomplishing your quest.

cramerhunts

A huge congratulations on your accomplishments thus far and good luck next spring in finishing it! I can relate to calling your dad and I'm sure he's smiling down on you every time you start and finish an adventure.

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: gobble157 on June 02, 2015, 11:55:44 PM

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on June 02, 2015, 11:42:40 PM

Brother...you are hired :) When I make my round back through the beautiful VA I'll give you a shout. I hunted the Jefferson National forest near rural retreat. stunning beauty.

I don't know where the hell that is, I am stationed up north.  But you give me the coordinates and dates and ill be there.

I can relate to the Father part as well, I lost mine on February 3rd, 7:30 PM while I was instructing a class of students.  I have not made it an entire week without trying to call him.  I just keep picking up the phone and open up the contacts, scroll to "Dad" and then it hits me all over. 

Fortunately I still have a great Step-father who is ultra supportive and I get along with great.  He cant replace Dad, but he does his best to fill in the shoes.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

gobble157

Quote from: cramerhunts on June 03, 2015, 02:04:57 AM
A huge congratulations on your accomplishments thus far and good luck next spring in finishing it! I can relate to calling your dad and I'm sure he's smiling down on you every time you start and finish an adventure.

If your dad is still living I wouldn't take those moments for granted. I wish I could have those back more than anything. I'm certain he is there giving good ol fist pump as I remember from the past. The good ol days :)

Rick Howard

This is awesome.  Thank you for sharing.  Any tips, tricks, or words encouragement for someone looking to try this?

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: Rick Howard on June 03, 2015, 11:35:43 AM
This is awesome.  Thank you for sharing.  Any tips, tricks, or words encouragement for someone looking to try this?

Tip#1 Bring lots of travel money

Britton40

gobble157

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on June 03, 2015, 02:30:33 PM
Quote from: Rick Howard on June 03, 2015, 11:35:43 AM

Tip#1 Bring lots of travel money

Not really. I spent maybe $2500 this past year between hotels, rental car, and hunting licenses. I split this equally with a hunting partner. The airline costs for 2015 was roughly $950. Total down the pipe was $3450.

cutt down

Quote from: sixbird on June 02, 2015, 09:11:29 PM
Good for you man! That's quite an accomplishment!
On the Dad thing...I still have my Dads' number in my phone in spite of the fact that he passed 4 years ago. Can't tell you how many times I've reached for that phone when something unusual/exciting happened. That's usually the first thing I think of when I kill a turkey or deer...Dad will be excited about this!

Me too! Still have my dad's number in my phone. I think about him a lot especially when I harvest a turkey. He would get excited to hear about it when I called him. Man I miss my dad!

gobble157

Quote from: cutt down on June 04, 2015, 12:28:54 AM
Quote from: sixbird on June 02, 2015, 09:11:29 PM
Good for you man! That's quite an accomplishment!
On the Dad thing...I still have my Dads' number in my phone in spite of the fact that he passed 4 years ago. Can't tell you how many times I've reached for that phone when something unusual/exciting happened. That's usually the first thing I think of when I kill a turkey or deer...Dad will be excited about this!

Me too! Still have my dad's number in my phone. I think about him a lot especially when I harvest a turkey. He would get excited to hear about it when I called him. Man I miss my dad!

Me too brother.

ElkTurkMan

David,

Congrats on a wonderful season.  It's very impressive to say the least of what you have accomplished and are about to accomplish.  When I talked to you back in 2010 you inspired me to go after the super slam.  I have 7 states down so far with many more to go, and I look forward to the many adventure ahead.  I look forward to hearing how your Hawaii trip goes next spring.  Take care and thanks for the update.   

Shane   

stinkpickle

You should have no problem in Hawaii.  We had Rios invading the golf course at our resort every morning on the Big Island.  I called 'em up under our balcony with my voice and rewarded them with cereal.  ;)