turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Browning Maxus, new A5, Benelli Vinci, SBEII

Started by rkm456, May 30, 2015, 08:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkm456

Well beard chasing brothers, of the 4 options what say you? Looks like I might have some extra gun money kicking around. There is always the chance that I end up with something else ridiculous that catches my eye too, it has happened before, but as of right now, I'm trying to decide between these 4. I know a lot of you fine folks have first hand experience with these guns so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

taylorjones20

My vote is the SBE2.  This gun aims better to me than any other gun. Shoots excellent, Very reliable, Light, the list goes on and on!  And it's the first gun that I've owned that shoots POA!

I've heard from many that Browning warranty isn't the best. And since Winchester bought browning I have had a few dealings with them concerning a SX3 and wasn't very pleased with their support...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

WV Ridge Reaper

mudhen

I've owned them all, and been able to find good choke & shell combos for all of them.

Of those 4, I'd go with the New A5...my semi-auto turkey gun for 2016 will be my new MOBL New A5....

That being said, my EDC turkey gun is my NWTF BPS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

kwild835

I have shot all of them mentioned except the Vinci.  They all are real sweet shooters.  You can't go wrong with any of them, just see which one fits you best. I love my Maxus and 20 gauge M2.  Don't get caught up in brand.

DirtNap647

it was the first season with my new maxus but performed good like it so far and great patterns as well.  your list they all seem good

ky.trophy

Maxus or SBEII. If u know anyone that has A FFL, Zanders has the Maxus in bottomland camo on sale. They did have 90 something in stock.

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

sixbird

I like the SBE II for it's ergonomics and it's lightness and thin fore end. The A5 is a sweet gun, no doubt. It handles slightly better than the SBE II, in my opinion. Trouble is, if you plan on putting optics/red dots/reflex sights on it, it's not drilled and tapped and, from what I understand, it can't be (or at least it won't support optics/drilling and tapping). I understand also that nobody, at the moment, makes a side plate mounting system for it.
If you don't plan on optics, I'd lean toward the A5...

beagler

Never Misses

Uvagobbler

Hunted with a M2 12 gauge this spring. Highly recommend it. Awesome warranty.

I would go with what fits you the best. In my case, the M2.

Already looking into a M2 20 gauge. I may divorced if I decide on another.

Good luck and let us know.

Roost 1

Find you an old H&K SBE and be done with it.......