turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbler down.....Now what?

Started by HFultzjr, May 29, 2015, 08:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

It's ok Harold. I suffer from "Oldtimers" sometimes too.
If you're not an old stinker like me, cut back on the booze. :lol:

dutch@fx4

if you walk up to your tom and he is flopping around just step on his neck then put the shotgun barrel in his beak push in about 4 inches ,this is why I like the 20g fits in the mouth better ,once you have it in about 4 to 5 inches take your foot of his neck and pull the trigger ,the guts will exit the rear of the bird doing 100 miles per hour ,,clean bird with no more flopping ,,Dutch

sixbird

Quote from: dutch@fx4 on May 30, 2015, 10:01:48 AM
if you walk up to your tom and he is flopping around just step on his neck then put the shotgun barrel in his beak push in about 4 inches ,this is why I like the 20g fits in the mouth better ,once you have it in about 4 to 5 inches take your foot of his neck and pull the trigger ,the guts will exit the rear of the bird doing 100 miles per hour ,,clean bird with no more flopping ,,Dutch

O.k., so this is a joke I presume? Just to be clear so a novice won't try it thinking that's the way it's done! If you are joking, which I assume you are, you should be clear about that...That kind of stuff, though innocently said, could get somebody killed...

GobbleNut

Quote from: HFultzjr on May 30, 2015, 05:32:51 AM
Ok,

I think i get it. Flopping birds, head down are dead. Part of the hunt. I'm ok with that, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Always trying to learn the "right" way of doing things. It won't keep me up at night or keep me from pulling the trigger! Just asking. By the way, sorry if this was asked in another thread, as I don't remember posting it. Either that or I'm suffering from a severe lack of sleep.
5:30 am, been up since 5:00am. Must still be running on "Turkey Daylight Savings Time".

LOL!

Thanks for the input.

:o :icon_thumright:  It's okay.  This only goes to show that you have reached the full height of this obsession.  Our congratulations,...or sympathies,...whichever way you want to look at it.  (Don't worry, your memory will get better in a couple more months)  ;D :toothy12:

HFultzjr

Damn,

This is getting scary. I really don't remember that post. I've been forgetting a lot of stuff lately and I'm starting to get concerned. I'm not joking! I talked to the doctor about it a few months ago, and they said if it keeps happening, I should get checked to see if I'm having mini strokes. As for the beard size....I would have sworn those were measurements I measured.

Anyways, now that I have everyone (including myself) thoroughly confused...disregard this thread.

I have had this happen numerous times recently. Some were really scary!

Now, if I didn't have the beard soaking in Borax, I would wonder whether or not I got one!

Now you all got me concerned. Guess I'll check back in with the doctor and let them know it's still happening.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I'll keep my posts to a minimum, until I get this sorted out.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Harold,  I, and I'm sure everyone else here hopes it turns out to be nothing serious. Even relatively benign things like an underactive thyroid can cause memory issues. And no inconvenience really, you should go ahead and post all you want.  You can always check your post history too. 

Dr Juice

I step on his head and tug on his legs in a vertical position to break his neck. It helps to speed up the process and ensure no escape. Congrats on a double beard.

davisd9

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on May 30, 2015, 10:59:14 PM
Harold,  I, and I'm sure everyone else here hopes it turns out to be nothing serious. Even relatively benign things like an underactive thyroid can cause memory issues. And no inconvenience really, you should go ahead and post all you want.  You can always check your post history too.

X2! Post away.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Yelper

About 25 years ago after shooting my 1st Tom I made the mistake of running to my downed tom and trying to grab his legs to get ahold of him, after having a 1 inch spur enter the palm of my hand, I have since that day stepped on the head until he is dead if he is flopping around. Watch out for those spurs if he is flopping!!