turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dura Touch issues

Started by wisconsinteacher, May 25, 2015, 09:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big perm2

I have a fried that dips guns here in grenada, Ms and he told me for $50 he has some stuff made to strip off the dura touch and for $185 he would dip it for me!! I have a browning silver in the old shadow grass pattern he has it it's gonna come back in bottom land pattern.. Can't wait!!!!!

Talkem into given up!!!

Hooks' n' Beards'

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on May 26, 2015, 11:14:54 AM
Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on May 26, 2015, 07:30:44 AM
I have hunted hard with my 12 ga bps Nwtf for 4 seasons now(never missed) and its barely peeling on edges of pump...So worth the money...by far the best shotgun ever built...Browning.....The best there is...... :gobble:
Browning does make a fine shotgun. I have a BPS 10 ga 24" Stalker myself. I believe your NWTF version is dipped though and not Duratouch. Am I right? I remember when Browning came out with the Duratouch stock I thought at the time it was a mistake and would not hold up in the real world. I was right. SIMMS soft rubber recoil pads are the same way. I replaced my factory Remington 870SM pad with a SIMMS  a few years back. The darn thing got real sticky and just started to melt. I took it off this spring threw it away and put the factory pad back on! That thing was expensive too. No way would I recommend them.
No,mine is dura-touch,but its actually been 5 seasons i have hunted with it...It's barely noticeable the peeling on the edges of the pump..what a great shotgun.Here is a picture of one of my toms this spring.

Hooks' n' Beards'

longislandloco

I always wondered about Dura-touch..........guess it's not Dur-able, LOL.

On a serious note my son has a BPS with Dura-touch, peeled after 5 years, camo on the barrel and receiver was still perfect. We got a used walnut stock set off e-bay, stripped it and did a spray in the sane colors as the factory stock, looks and works good, we can always do a repaint if needed. It's a field gun, functional.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on May 26, 2015, 11:18:07 PM
Quote from: WildTigerTrout on May 26, 2015, 11:14:54 AM
Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on May 26, 2015, 07:30:44 AM
I have hunted hard with my 12 ga bps Nwtf for 4 seasons now(never missed) and its barely peeling on edges of pump...So worth the money...by far the best shotgun ever built...Browning.....The best there is...... :gobble:
Browning does make a fine shotgun. I have a BPS 10 ga 24" Stalker myself. I believe your NWTF version is dipped though and not Duratouch. Am I right? I remember when Browning came out with the Duratouch stock I thought at the time it was a mistake and would not hold up in the real world. I was right. SIMMS soft rubber recoil pads are the same way. I replaced my factory Remington 870SM pad with a SIMMS  a few years back. The darn thing got real sticky and just started to melt. I took it off this spring threw it away and put the factory pad back on! That thing was expensive too. No way would I recommend them.
No,mine is dura-touch,but its actually been 5 seasons i have hunted with it...It's barely noticeable the peeling on the edges of the pump..what a great shotgun.Here is a picture of one of my toms this spring.
My mistake, the only Duratouch stock I ever saw was black. I did not know they made it in a camo finish. Looks like you got lucky and found one that actually does work. BTW nice gobbler.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!