OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rocky Snake Boot Recall

Started by Tail Feathers, May 19, 2015, 05:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

If you have the 16" rubber Rocky snake boots they are being recalled.  Seems a snake bit right thru them in a demonstration.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/snakebit-company-recalls-snake-boots-after-demonstration-goes-wrong-n361391
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BowBendr

That's got to be embarrassing....
Too bad they never did a recall over the word "waterproof".

Sent by this stupid phone

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: BowBendr on May 19, 2015, 11:18:43 PM
That's got to be embarrassing....
Too bad they never did a recall over the word "waterproof".

Sent by this stupid phone
No kidding!  I've got 2 pair right now and both of them leak.

mudhen

By snake proof, they meant snake resistant....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Tail Feathers

Or garter snake resistant... ;D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

stinkpickle

Oconeeguy

Actually this is very disconcerting. I'll bet other brand boots are of equally poor quality. Easing through the predawn darkness, I count on my snake boots being snake PROOF. Dang!

But another way to look at this is, that Rocky snake boots will be the brand to buy after they re-design the things to make Certain they are snake a PROOF.

101st501

I believe my rockys will stop a snake but not dew from the grass.

ridgerunner

I bought a pair of Rocky Snake boots one time, cost me around $189.00, gave them away, hated them..I buy Danner's and have been well pleased with their boots.

Cut N Run

Quote from: ridgerunner on May 21, 2015, 05:34:50 AM
I bought a pair of Rocky Snake boots one time, cost me around $189.00, gave them away, hated them..I buy Danner's and have been well pleased with their boots.

^This^  I bought some Rocky snake boots through Cabela's several years ago. They leaked badly from just walking through wet grass & weeds the first and only day I ever wore them.  Sent them back and upgraded to Danners.  They are what a snake boot is supposed to be.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

fallsflight

After having several pairs of Rockies and had nothing but leaks, cracks and huge chunks of sole coming off, I gave up on Rocky boots awhile ago.  ESPECIALLY after dealing with their customer service, getting no where and telling them at the time I am switching to Lacrosse, at which time they hung up on me.  Never again will I buy Rocky.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

sixbird

I had one pair of Rocky's a lot of years ago...Leaked like a sieve! Had two pairs of one model of Danners that did the same. Finally Danner replaced them with their American made model and I paid some money and they were fine. Hate a leaky boot!

captpete

For some reason this part of the article made me laugh.

".....The contractor evidently survived the bite — most U.S. snakes are non-venomous.

"If he had died we would have handled the recall differently." the spokesman said.

Jim K

I've had 3 pair of Rockies( slow learner). They've all leaked and they squeak when you walk. I can't believe they're still in business. I replaced the last pair with Danners. Great boot.