OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Single Shot Killers

Started by Footballer, May 18, 2015, 02:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

I'm thinking about undertaking a project gun for next season. I have a youth H&R 20 gauge that I may convert, but I'm also open to other guns.

What single shot guns are available that make for fun projects? Also, post pictures of your single shot shotguns if you have one!

Deast1988

Yildiz single .410 tss #9s a sleeved barrel and a leupold delta point. My turkey gun I wanna build.

Great project fine lil pop gun u have to start with

mad815

This NEF 20 ga. ,survivor stock, Mossberg factory full screw in , Fed #7 Heavyweight  took this 11 1/2" bearded Tom yesterday  in the Adirondacks ---  Rattle can spaghetti camo ---   My go to turkey Claymore.   --------------
8" bearded Tom taken one hour later by my Brother in law--  Rem 870 12 ga. Carlsen Win # 6---------------------------   Web

Footballer

That gun looks sweet! I just order the survivor stock for my 20 ga H&R.

Hooks' n' Beards'

i'm picking up a single shot this weekend,either a 12 or 20 ga with screw in choke..i went today and shouldered them,they fit great.I will be using bottomland mossy oak wrap on it...just have to decide which gauge i want.

troutfisher13111

Hooks' n' Beards'

boito...brazilian made...i have been looking around and finally found 2 local that have screw in chokes.They shoulder great and he has turkey chokes i need as well.I want to keep my business local and price is good.Just need to make a final decision...i run a bps 12 ga 3.5 as my go to turkey gun and a 20 ga pump as my backup..figure i would add a single shot to my collection.Just hope i'm off this weekend,today was my day off.I did try for a 10 gauge pardner but cant find one anywhere now..I like that the boito has a vented rib and screw in chokes....so its coming home.

Footballer

Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on May 27, 2015, 06:57:33 PM
i'm picking up a single shot this weekend,either a 12 or 20 ga with screw in choke..i went today and shouldered them,they fit great.I will be using bottomland mossy oak wrap on it...just have to decide which gauge i want.

I ordered the bottomland wrap as well. I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: Footballer on May 28, 2015, 09:08:45 AM

You won't be disappointed in the durability of that wrap.
Mine is still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

Hooks' n' Beards'

i used it on a Winchester 1300 before,it works and looks great...my budget has tripled for a new turkey gun..not sure if it will be a single shot...wrap arrived today...

Footballer

Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on May 28, 2015, 09:55:43 PM
i used it on a Winchester 1300 before,it works and looks great...my budget has tripled for a new turkey gun..not sure if it will be a single shot...wrap arrived today...

Post a pic when you get it on there!

rkm456

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on May 28, 2015, 12:11:30 PM

Quote from: Footballer on May 28, 2015, 09:08:45 AM

You won't be disappointed in the durability of that wrap.
Mine is still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

What he said. I did my turkey gun in Mossy Oak Obsession last year, and I'm not sure I'd ever buy another camo gun.

Hooks' n' Beards'

I went gun looking again yesterday and shouldered 5 or 6 different guns...did not like any of them and ended up picking up 4 boxes of 20 ga turkey shells on sale..so i am still thinking hard on the single shot..might go later and pick it up..i do not need it,i have 9 other shotguns but do not have a single shot and am tempted..might go over today and buy it...

jepcho

Where can you get these camo wraps? And can anyone post pics of a gun you did. I am very interested in being able to camo my own gun

gaswamp

Quote from: Footballer on May 18, 2015, 02:57:10 PM
I'm thinking about undertaking a project gun for next season. I have a youth H&R 20 gauge that I may convert, but I'm also open to other guns.

What single shot guns are available that make for fun projects? Also, post pictures of your single shot shotguns if you have one!

the HandR you have would be a fine one to do