turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Good Outfitter for a rio and osceolla

Started by Trkyhuntr4life, May 17, 2015, 09:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trkyhuntr4life

This year was the first year I have ever went out of state to hunt.  Two buddies and I went to Kansas in hopes of hunting rios on some of the WIHAs.  After 3 days of hunting hard I never heard a gobble nor did I see a gobbler on any of the areas.  Granted we were a little late in the season but I would much rather be able to hunt some land that I have an opportunity.  I don't want a fully guided hunt where someone else done all the work.  I have always been the caller in our group to call in birds for my friends rather than myself.  I have read a lot and researched some different outfitters and would like some input from fellow forum members.  Iron Gate Outfitters are who I am kind of leaning towards for rios.  Any help is greatly  appreciated.

nativeks

matchbook454

Legend Waterfowl, whitetails, and rios for your Rio.  Probably the best outfitter I've ever hunted with.  They've got a lot of birds too!

LI Outdoorsman

Look up Troy Lotspiech at TL Guided hunts in Oklahoma.He's the nicest guy and will put you where the birds are and you do the rest.He has lots of land holding turkeys and you should easily fill your 2 bird limit.For Osceolas I hunted with Steve "Ratso" in St. Cloud at florida backwoods adventures...again..nice guy and lots of opportunities for a bird and you do all your own calling.I used these outfitters for me and my wife to complete our World Slams.

Roost 1

Trkyhuntr4life

Thank you so much for all your replies I'll definitely be checking out those places for sure!

Xtrema30

Quote from: nativeks on May 17, 2015, 11:19:30 PM
Prairie Thunder Outfitters

took the words out my mouth. Great outfit and setup. Tons of birds

Trkyhuntr4life

Thanks again for all the info!  So I think I have it narrowed down to prairie thunder outfitters for a rios and Florida backwoods adventures for an Osceola.  I am looking to maybe get a hunt in Alabama and Georgia to make like a half way point on my way to and from Florida and an outfitter in eastern Oklahoma for the same thing on my way to Kansas.  Looking at gray ghost plantation for Georgia and have no idea on an Alabama stop.  Just in the planing stage now but plan on getting it all booked by Friday.  Thanks for all the help!

stringtown

Got an OK and KS guy but sounds like you're good. Anyway, regarding outfitter deal, if you want to call tell em you want to call. Best deal is semi guided where they tell or show you land and what they know and you get after it. We try to hit as many states as possible each yr and paying for advice can worth it. Good luck.

Trkyhuntr4life

Quote from: stringtown on May 21, 2015, 10:00:26 PM
Got an OK and KS guy but sounds like you're good. Anyway, regarding outfitter deal, if you want to call tell em you want to call. Best deal is semi guided where they tell or show you land and what they know and you get after it. We try to hit as many states as possible each yr and paying for advice can worth it. Good luck.

Yea that's what I'm really looking for not against hunting with the guide or anyone.  The Oklahoma hunt I'm still looking for.  Need a halfway point between me and Kansas if you know any in central Oklahoma.  Thanks