OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Colorado High

Started by hunter22, May 17, 2015, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

762hunter

Sounds like a great trip! Congrats, thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hobbes

My hunting there was sporadic around other trips so it seemed like the birds roosted all over the place in the mountains,  but I've found Merriams in the Pine Ridge and Montana that are fairly consistent.  Congrats again.  On my way to NE this very moment so hoping to find some consistent turkeys that want to play.

hunter22

Hobbes,

Good luck to you in Nebraska. I plan to start getting more preference points and would love to hunt Bosque del Oso SWA which is a limited draw near where I hunted this spring. A guy could hunt there with a limited license and then buy an over the counter license and hunt San Isabel. You could stay at the cabin I stayed at and do both hunts from there. Maybe we can hook up sometime. You are the one who got me interested in hunting Colorado years ago. 

mozart_hunter

congrats...sounds like a great trip.

hobbes

There is a Ranching for Wildlife limited permit in that area that is good.  I helped a guy that was new to turkey hunting fill a tag there once.  It was great country.  I think it took 10 PP back 5 yrs ago so it would take at least 5 yrs to draw. 

MerriamMac

Going thru all of the CO related threads.... awesome story. Being from co, I have a lot of respect for what you pulled off.

Hookinembig

When I read the title I thought this post was about something totally different "Colorado HIGH". Just kidding. Great birds. Congrats.

Happy

Beautiful scenery. Love those western mountains. Congrats on the birds!

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

SteelerFan

What a great adventure!! Congratulations.

CoachHunter

Congrats! Sounds like a blast!

catman529

That's pretty cool. Been in the mtns once and it's tough if you get to doing any exercise. Bet it was an awesome experience turkey hunting up there. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchool

Awesome. Sounds like a great time and you topped it off with a beautiful bird, congrats!! Great story and pics, thank you. :icon_thumright:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Drthorn

what a great trip. congrats

MerriamMac

Nice brother, a lot of people don't understand the difference between a real mountain merriam and merriams that have been transplanted to the flat country.... are you hunting the southern colorado area?

MerriamMac

Do you have any Rio spots that are over the counter?.... I would be willing to trade for a Merriam hunt. I have a ranch where you can pull up with your truck, dump your decoys and blind and go park the truck however faraway you want..... i need a rio real bad!