OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Been awhile.

Started by Crawdad, May 16, 2015, 02:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawdad

Since I posted a Trumpet, been hunting for a while, notice I said hunting ( No killing) I hate to say I will probably have to give up Turkey hunting, I just can't get going anymore. My back & hips won't let me make a move on them, my hips lock up on me after a short distance, guess I need hip replacements, I can just barely make it to my first set up & after that I am done. Spent lot's of money ( I didn't have) & lots of time & travel, never fired a shot. Oh well, I enjoyed being out. This Trumpet is all Ivory made for Mike in Joplin. We talked about this a couple months ago & just now getting it done. I was a nervous wreck while turning it.

Redfish71

Great looking call, love the crawdad on the trumpet.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Robert, that is a really fine looking call.  I hope you find a way to keep hunting.  I hunted with an 80 year old fellow with bad knees this year. He could only go about 200 yards, but managed to bag a really nice gobbler.

mgm1955

Awesome looking call Robert!! Thanks!!

silverspur

Robert that is just awesome!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

outdoors

WOW. LOOKS LIKE A CALL FROM ARE ANGELS   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Big Timber

Robert, your work is amazing my friend!

Austy

That is one awesome looking call Robert and I am sure that it speaks plenty of turkey.  Man I hear you on the pins and needles part while you were making that one!!!  I personally hate turning Ivory for that simple reason.  Making calls for me is supposed to be stress free but when making a call using Ivory I stress out!!!  Mike is going to love that one for sure!!!!!!!!

Gawhitaker

Amazing Mr Robert, hate to hear the hips are giving you such trouble.

caney creek calls

Beautiful horn Robert, Hate to hear about your problems in the woods I know you really love being out there.

Lewis

merocustomcalls

Awesome trumpet Robert!!

Crawdad

Thank you all once again for your kind comments, it is greatly appreciated.

ccleroy

KPcalls

Nicely done Crawdad....came out beautiful.

Old Timer53

Great work ....Robert
Know you had to take your Meds on that call

:icon_thumright: