Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tagged out in NY with my #1 hitlist bird!!!

Started by WNY Bowhunter, May 15, 2015, 11:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRG3

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!! That gobbler could have landed anywhere but you picked the right spot. Congratulations! Several years ago, I slipped near a gobbler that had gobbled over 200 times while on the roost the day before. It was now a day later, the first morning of turkey season, and I waited for him to fly down. Instead, he flew off the roost and finally disappeared in the distance as a tiny dot still flying away! That's the only time I've had one fly off the roost like that.

vman

njdevilsb

Congrats on that awesome bird.  I'm glad you're having better NY luck than we are.

steveo

:agreed:congrats on a true trophy !!!!

WNY Bowhunter

:OGani:
Quote from: njdevilsb on May 16, 2015, 11:07:44 AM
Congrats on that awesome bird.  I'm glad you're having better NY luck than we are.

They are still henned up big time here!!!
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

njdevilsb

Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on May 16, 2015, 11:45:18 AM
:OGani:
Quote from: njdevilsb on May 16, 2015, 11:07:44 AM

They are still henned up big time here!!!

Same thing where I am.  Our toms have been following the same 4 hens since the season started.  There were a few more hens at some points but these 4 have been consistently with them.  We still see the other hens but they leave the group to nest I assume.  We are going to get ahead of them before the season ends.

alloutdoors

DawgsFan1

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

bbcustomboxcalls

kdsberman

Good job man!  5 beards, that's amazing.  I STILL have yet to even get a double beard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Congrats on a great bird!
That's a great way to finish a season. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TauntoHawk

Way to go man, that's an incredible bird and awesome that you went after him knowing he had some extra tassels.

I've had the itch to get a bird mounted and of course since then I haven't shot one worthy, you got a mountable bird right there!
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

davisd9

Killers kill! Congratulations my friend!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 16, 2015, 09:39:19 PM
Way to go man, that's an incredible bird and awesome that you went after him knowing he had some extra tassels.

I've had the itch to get a bird mounted and of course since then I haven't shot one worthy, you got a mountable bird right there!

I didn't know that it was the mutli-bearded gobbler until after I pulled the trigger (twice), I was just hoping that it was... :you_rock:

Honestly, I am not too big of turkey mounting kind of guy, I guess it's because I've seen so many poor turkey mounts. Maybe someday I'll reconsider.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."