News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Last minute trip

Started by Onpoint, May 15, 2015, 11:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

I just don't want to be done yet

I'm in western kentucky and I'm thinking about getting in the truck and heading out tonight.

Considering west Virginia and Kansas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

KYFrid

Chief Cornstalk and McClintic WMA's would be pretty close for you to try. They are right on the WV border.

Onpoint

Quote from: Onpoint on May 15, 2015, 11:25:27 AM
I just don't want to be done yet

I'm in western kentucky and I'm thinking about getting in the truck and heading out tonight.

Considering west Virginia and Kansas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Well I got the ok from the ol lady to go but she dint want to be done yet neither.

I csnt decide where I want to go

I'm Leaning towards WV. any others states I'm overlooking

kyturkeyhunter4

If I had the funds I would go with you in a heart beat. I would like to smoke a couple moore my self.

turkeykiller22

birds are doing it in Nebraska right now
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

wvlimbhanger

If headed to WV I would go to McClintic for public land birds.  It's in Mason county and it is routinely the top county for turkey kills year in and year out.

Contrary to what everyone in this state complains about our "late" season, the birds are still responding well.  I heard 5 yesterday morning and called three of them right down the barrel of my buddy's 12 gauge.   

Pretty sure that Mason is closed for Sunday hunting though it would only be a Saturday deal if you can only hunt weekends.

RemingtonRules

:emoticon-cartoon-012:  See you guys Saturday.

Onpoint

Quote from: wvlimbhanger on May 15, 2015, 01:27:40 PM
If headed to WV I would go to McClintic for public land birds.  It's in Mason county and it is routinely the top county for turkey kills year in and year out.

Contrary to what everyone in this state complains about our "late" season, the birds are still responding well.  I heard 5 yesterday morning and called three of them right down the barrel of my buddy's 12 gauge.   

Pretty sure that Mason is closed for Sunday hunting though it would only be a Saturday deal if you can only hunt weekends.
What's the weather like in WV?
I'll be camping and don't want to bring any more than I have to but don't wanna freeze neither

wvlimbhanger

Here's the 10 day for point pleasant, that's very close to McClintic

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USWV0596:1:US

West Augusta

Good luck Justin and Joni.  Hope you enjoy your time in West Virginia.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

WV TURKEY THUG

things are really slow in wv i hunted the past week hardly hearing anything. chances are slim to none finding a hot bird. but it just could me good luck

Onpoint

Quote from: West Augusta on May 16, 2015, 08:11:09 AM
Well we almost there.  Lastnight I fell asleep driving and decided to pull over and get a room. Probably another hour

Onpoint

Quote from: Onpoint on May 16, 2015, 01:50:02 PM
Quote from: West Augusta on May 16, 2015, 08:11:09 AM
Well we almost there.  Lastnight I fell asleep driving and decided to pull over and get a room. Probably another hour
I'm now in WV for the first time ever

WV TURKEY THUG

let us know how the birds are gobbling hopefully there gobbling better in your area

mgm1955