OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Back from a Great Hunt in New York

Started by zelmo1, May 12, 2015, 08:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

:turkey2: Just tucked in the yungin so I thought I would thank ALLOUTDOORS for a great hunt in NY. I didn't get a bird but it was a great time. He is a class guy that knows his turkeys. Great gear and knowledge.  I had a good chance on the first day at 25 yards, all jakes. He put us under them at around 40 yards on the roost. We had 2 other close ones at longbeards, but the shots were too long, 55ish and 60ish. My conscience is still in tact. We worked birds and hunted hard. Great time. I want to thank Mrs. ALLOUTDOORS also, she was a wonderful host and made me feel at home, and ALLOUTDOORS Jr is a real cute kid. The only negative thing was my lack of calling skill was exposed profoundly, lol. I will learn from this and get better. Thanks again for a great hunt. This is what our community is all about. Al Baker

tomstopper

Awesome... See all of us NY aren't so bad as some May think....lol. Seriously though, I am glad you had a great time. Just curious, what county were you guys hunting in...

zelmo1

I think we were in Otsego County, not 100% sure

tomstopper

Maybe Oswego county. I hunt in Steuben....

TauntoHawk

Thats awsome that you got to share a hunt with a fellow member.. Def some good guys in NY I've met a ton of them in the 8yrs I've been hunting there. The heat of the last few days really shut the birds down early in the day.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: zelmo1 on May 12, 2015, 09:36:26 PM

That is correct. I know Ryan has some great turkey ground out there. Glad you had a good hunt.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

tomstopper

Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on May 13, 2015, 10:41:06 AM
Quote from: zelmo1 on May 12, 2015, 09:36:26 PM

That is correct. I know Ryan has some great turkey ground out there. Glad you had a good hunt.
Got ya. I totally forgot about Otsego county lol.......