turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NY Gobbler down, tagged out!!!

Started by jordanz7935, May 10, 2015, 09:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunaguy

Congratulations from a fellow NYer. It would be nice to tagg out this season too. 1 down 1 to go.
" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

owlhoot

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

mgm1955

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Dr Juice

Congrats. No such success for me in NY.

catclr

Way to go.  :toothy9: 
Those NY birds I think have taken lessons from the Pa. birds, since hunting, NY, the first time back in 1982, they have gotten harder to take over all those years.

trkycaller

jordanz7935

Thanks everybody. Keep after em guys. I know its been hard finding a bird that will gobble after fly down in my area. I took out a friend yesterday to one of my "honey holes" and didnt hear a peep for the 3 hours we were there.Yet my buddy who was hunting 25 miles away said they were gobbling there heads off and he managed to tag out on a nice gobbler.Just gotta keep after em, patience and persistence kills more turkeys than a world champion caller run and gunning where i hunt,IMO. I do see alot of unsuccessful hunters in my area still "tv hunting",green field,ground blind ,decoys. Its a deadly tactic for about the first week or so, but i think blinds save as many turkeys lives mid to late season as they do kill birds early season. Good luck to everyone still chasing gobblers.

WNY Bowhunter

Congrats on a great season here in NY!!! I absolutely agree with you on changing tactics at this point of the season.  There are still birds to be killed in my area but they are the ones that don't play fair.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

jordanz7935

Quote from: catclr on May 15, 2015, 07:39:39 PM
Way to go.  :toothy9: 
Those NY birds I think have taken lessons from the Pa. birds, since hunting, NY, the first time back in 1982, they have gotten harder to take over all those years.
Yes i totally agree.The late,great Ben Lee use to come up to NY to hunt back in the 80's i beleive and he was quoted on saying how "easy" these birds up here were to kill.Well if he was still around and came up here to hunt these days i predict his opinion would change.All of the experienced old time turkey hunters around here that i have talked to have all echoed your statement above.