North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Started by steveo, May 08, 2015, 07:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveo

So far season has been good, spring in full force fishing picking up/turkeys Gobbling and me with time to hunt and tags to fill. After getting my daughter a nice long beard and knowing birds were still in our area I filled my second tag. He wasn't the biggest bird or had the longest beard/ Spurs but the show was one I will never forget.  I called his girlfriend 400 yards across a field with a jake and him following he strutted the whole way for a half hour....... At 30 yards and 10 min of watching him spin and display I shot and finally took a breath and blinked my eyes!!!! Thinking back I remember thinking wow spring gobbler hunting is awesome !!!. 15 min latter my buddy sends a text he killed a bird as well......good times, my bird 21.5 lbs 10 3/4"beard with beard rot Spurs 1 1/8",buds gobbler 20lbs 9 1/2 beard 1" Spurs.

beagler

Never Misses

hunter22

Congrats for sure!!

Roughneck

101st501

Tennessee Lead

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

Tail Feathers

You are putting the smackdown on them!  Congrats. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

mgm1955

kyturkeyhunter4

Congrats! On a good season

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

55dougie

Doug. ~ a.k.a. 55dougie

Please check out my web site at: http://drkorn55.wix.com/dougkornsworkshop

alloutdoors

owlhoot

tomstopper

TRG3

Congrats on two nice birds! My wife and I really enjoy turkey pot pie, our favorite way to utilize the breast meat. The legs go in the crock pot for stew. I once baked the legs and could have driven nails with the results!