OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Video of my girlfriend's hunt

Started by RutnNStrutn, March 26, 2011, 09:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Can I just say....that was AWESOME!!!!     :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

GOLD HUNTER

Congratulations to you both.........she needed some  :help:

if she sees this video you are a dead man !!! :begging:

brian

TheTwistedOne

Nice video!  Congrats to your girlfriend!

I'm not gonna give her grief for gagging.  Yeah it's kind of funny to watch but in all honesty I admit I've done the same thing a couple times myself.  So I really do understand getting that excited.

It's really hard to get a good sounding recording of calling with a consumer video camera.  Those mini mono piezo condenser mics in those cameras are barely adequate at recording sound.    I have learned this recording videos of myself playing guitar.  To compensate for bad camera mics, I simultaneously record the sound track digitally through a M-audio audio interface connected to my computer.  I can then use a much better mic (usually dynamic or vacuum mic) than is on the video camera.  I then strip the video camera sound from the clip and mix the good sound back into the video.  No way you can get great sound without some serious equipment in the field.  Bottom line, the birds liked your calling, so it sounded good enough to them!

FttFttVroom!

Thanks  for the video, I enjoyed watching and got laugh watching her try to grab the birds legs.

huntdux1

thats was awesome.  My daughter and girlfriend are gonna be on video this year as well, so hopefully I can have the same success

Jay

;D That was fun to watch. She did sure lay that one down and out.

catdaddy

The footage after the kill cracked me up!  " Stop, Stop"    "I'm not---turn around"

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on March 27, 2011, 10:27:05 AMif she sees this video you are a dead man !!! :begging:
I edited it when I made the movie. She wanted more of it out, but it would have taken away from the video, so she begrudgingly allowed it. :lol:

Quote from: catdaddy on March 27, 2011, 03:39:55 PMThe footage after the kill cracked me up!  " Stop, Stop"    "I'm not---turn around"
I'm always messing with her. She knew I was lying. That's why she didn't turn around. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

flhuntress

lol...thanks y'all!!
it was an awesome hunt and i'm thrilled that rNs got it all on video...something we can cherish (laugh about) for years to come.  :happy0064:

mossy835

You both got it done, but she will get even. Nice video capture and I would not worry about the sound at all you have other things to worry about.
:z-winnersmiley:

TrackeySauresRex

Good Job! great job looks like you had a blast   :z-guntootsmiley:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Gold Spur

Congrats on a great hunt! Really enjoyed the video.... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

TRKYHTR

Congrats on a great turkey. I too laughed when she was trying to grab the legs. Looked like they were playing tag your it. Stop touching me. I touched you laaasssstttt.lol

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck