OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tennessee Public Hunting

Started by redlegs, May 06, 2015, 03:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redlegs

I am planning a trip to Tennessee and need help with locating a WMA that I can have success locating a gobbling turkey.  I usually don't do things like this but we are under the gun as far as time and don't want to come on a wasted trip.  You can PM me if you want. Again I do not need specifics just general information. Thanks in advance guys.

cutt down

What part of the state are headed?

redlegs

cutt down

Middle TN has plenty of public ground. You can see the WMA's on the TWRA website. I can't recommend any cause I'm from the West side but there's plenty of ground to check out in Middle TN. Land Between the Lakes is a huge public area but it's not what it used to be. It has birds but it's heavily hunted.

sasquatch1

razoreb

Some friends of and I went last week to a WMA in Centeral TN and were blown away with the number of gobbling birds we got on.  We were also surprised at the lack of hunters and vehicles we encountered, especially the lack of out of state tags.  Between three of us we bagged 7 total birds in 3 days.  We just used topo maps and google earth and looked for creeks and hard wood ridges.  The WMA is just north of Lawrenceburg, it's called Lickasnatchie WMA.  The hottest spot on that tract was Snipes Knob.  Good luck and have fun!

howl

I hope no one googles that from work.  :TrainWreck1:

cutt down

Quote from: razoreb on May 08, 2015, 02:37:03 PM
The WMA is just north of Lawrenceburg, it's called Lickasnatchie WMA.  The hottest spot on that tract was Snipes Knob.  Good luck and have fun!

:turkey2:

jbrown

BowBendr

I went there one time...kinda' swampy...

Sent by this stupid phone

cwb04

And now we know the downfall of many a public area as far as turkey hunting is concerned.  internet scouting and even worse getting a response.  We're all in this together and should help each other out from time to time, but putting things on public forums is not a good idea.  Great examples would be KS, OK, NE and coming to you soon TN   :newmascot:

Worst thing is ole redlegs knows better.

Besides, last time I was up near that WMA razoreb talked about, it was a bunch of big, mean looking women camping out there, so we just went on up the road to another WMA.

razoreb

Sorry guys, red legs is a good buddy of mine and I had to do it to him!  I just want to know how many times he googled that WMA until he said it out loud!

Rockhound

I live near lawrenceburg, ain't no turkeys in Tennessee

BowBendr

Quote from: razoreb on May 11, 2015, 03:19:14 PM
Sorry guys, red legs is a good buddy of mine and I had to do it to him!  I just want to know how many times he googled that WMA until he said it out loud!
Good one ! I know I enjoyed it, bout spit my teeth out when I read it the 1st time. Wife thought I lost it....

Sent by this stupid phone

redlegs

Thanks Rebrazor for your generous info on the hotspot at lickasnatchie I will have to carry my squealing hen and turkey tail up there and crawl around!