OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Great Kentucky Season (pic hvy)

Started by Chilly, May 04, 2015, 11:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilly

I have to say it has been an awesome Kentucky season for my family and myself.  It all started youth weekend with my oldest son Landon shooting his biggest bird.  26lb, 11/3/4 beard and 1-5/16 spurs.

Regular season started and I was able to get my two state birds the first two days and focus on my bonus birds the rest of the week.  On one of those cases, a friend of mine and myself called in a double and were able to connect on them. 

My youngest son Weston (6) is showing a lot of interest so I took him on a few hunts.  We managed to get on a bird that was henned up all evening long and got too close at one point.  If it wasn't for our decoy mover, I don't think he would have committed.  He was 24lb, 10" beard and 1-1/4 spurs.

I have tagged along with my dad on a few hunts.  We had an awesome time chasing some smart public land birds that kicked our butts.  He has had a couple of misses this season and we never really figured out what he was doing wrong.  (guessing he was getting too wrapped up in watching the birds while his head wasn't down on the gun) We finally got on one yesterday that played the game in our favor.  He gobbled the whole time and we called him a couple hundred yards.  This bird was 100% committed.  He crossed a ridge and a creek to get to us.  He stepped into the clearing and offered dad a perfect shot.  He dropped him in his tracks.  It has been a while since I've seen dad as excited as he was then.  Dads bird was 21lbs, 1" razor spurs (that can penetrate your thumb real easy), and a double beard 9.5" and a 1.5".
I've been blessed and fortunate to watch 8 longbeards hit the ground this season. It never gets old.  To say it has been exciting would be an understatement!

Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

ridgerunner

Tennessee Lead

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

kyturkeyhunter4

Congrats! Those are some good looking Turkeys.

alloutdoors

tomstopper

Chilly

Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mgm1955

Triple Gobble

Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

Wrangler95

Very nice going,congrats big time!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

beagler

Never Misses

steveo

Congrats !! Fine looking Gobblers???? great season I would agree.

ncturkey