turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No luck in SC, but had a blast!

Started by Coachwate, May 03, 2015, 12:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coachwate

I didn't get to fill any tags this year but I learned a lot about the sport and had a blast. I got to take a great kid out with me and we made mistakes together, but more importantly improved our skills and learned from each other. My biggest lesson this year: find private land to hunt! Public land is full of turkey, but also full of other hunters. Most of them were nice guys just as excited about me working to get my first bird as I was and gave me a lot of advice. But there were others that were disrespectful of the land and other hunters. One guy heard me working a tom down in a bottom and he runs across the top of the ridge yelping away so loud and aggressive he never heard the birds shut up and move off in the opposite direction. I'd like to thank all of you who offered me advice and look forward to next season. I'd also like to say a thank you to Hershal and Jack. Two guys who've been hunting 40 to 50 years and tried their best to help me get that elusive tom. True turkey hunters are a great group of individuals and I consider myself lucky to be involved with them.

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-