OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How long?

Started by BABS9, May 01, 2015, 05:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BABS9

Well opening day here in NY. Called a gobbler and his hens in for my brother today came running in and he shot but missed. Real tough deal but it happens. They obviously all flew away and got out as fast as possible.

My question is how long would you wait until going in back after him?

Thanks
Billy

jakesdad

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

kyturkeyhunter4

I would go right back in the morning after him. I called one In for my buddy last year he shot and missed, we went back in the morning and he killed that bird.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

tomstopper

Same response as above.  Get after him tomorrow

Onpoint

Quote from: BABS9 on May 01, 2015, 05:27:54 PM
Well opening day here in NY. Called a gobbler and his hens in for my brother today came running in and he shot but missed. Real tough deal but it happens. They obviously all flew away and got out as fast as possible.

My question is how long would you wait until going in back after him?

Thanks
Billy
On 3 separate occasions "that I can recall" i killed a bird that had been missed that same day. One actually got clipped early that mornin, 2:00 called him in and sealed the deal. My buddy made the remark after his son  that one right square in the  that "well.wojt nobody kill them birds for 3 or 4 days."  I think that bird had 3 tail feathers..

go get him.

njdevilsb

I agree.  Go back in and kill him tomorrow.  My dad and I have had years where we shoot 2 of the group on opening day and go back in and get another the next day from the same spot in the same group.

Snoodsniper

Was hunting some state forest this morning and had a gun shot real close. It wasn't more than 30 minutes and the birds went back to gobbling like nothing happened.

101st501