turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mouth calls

Started by TrackeySauresRex, May 01, 2015, 12:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

I've seemed to have lost my reeds on my last hunt. I have a couple to get by,but I will purchasing an order sometime today. I've always considered myself to be a half way decent mouth caller.(humble not great.) I was curious to know what is the hot new reed out there now? Hooks have always been my favorite. I'm not afraid to try something new. But I won't spend 20 bucks on a mouth call. Any comments woul be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
B-Well
Johnny
:turkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

TauntoHawk

I'm a big hooks fan as well, have you tried any of Houndstooth before? his Vixen, country girl, all pro, and my favorite deep beak are excellent

Hallorans TKO has been a favorite of mine for years as well
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jepcho

I love hooks!  If you are interested in trying something new though look up Pecker Wrecker Turkey calls.  I have used a couple of his calls throughout the season and really like them. 

kdsberman

Love hooks myself. Just called in a bird for my dad the other day with the Executioner II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: kdsberman on May 01, 2015, 01:57:52 PM
Love hooks myself. Just called in a bird for my dad the other day with the Executioner II.

Executioner is always a hit. There's a new one out called the game changer that I haven't used. I think I may try.

taylorjones20

I have not used the hooks calls YET. I plan to very soon. So far my favorite mouth call is the Gooserbat OsS...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

darn2ten

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on May 01, 2015, 02:11:55 PM
Quote from: kdsberman on May 01, 2015, 01:57:52 PM

Executioner is always a hit. There's a new one out called the game changer that I haven't used. I think I may try.
Executioner 1 and 2 are good. The game changer 3 is a great one to try also. I have have yet to try any of the Houndstooth, but hear lots of good things about them and will be ordering a few shortly. I'm also a fan of the Gooserbat bacon and hillbilly calls, haven't tried the OsS yet but plan on it.

kdsberman

Now this is just my opinion here, but using different calls from Primos...HS Strut...etc..   THEN trying one from a custom call maker, it is completely night and day.  I will never go back to any name brand mouth call.  I am curious on the Zink calls though.

RutnNStrutn

Gooserbat and Hooks here on OG both make good mouth calls. :icon_thumright:

Bowguy

Greg Massey

I'm old school I always have like Quaker boy the twin II is a good call... one of the all time best was the true double .. best push call was Quaker boy easy yelper

TrackeySauresRex

Cane Creek, CC smoker if all ain't used it. Give it a spin  :icon_thumright:

TrackeySauresRex

Thanks for all the replies. B- Well all.

jlewis4390

I recently ordered 3 gooserbats and a hooks executioner ll and I still prefer and get better and easier sounds out of primos hook hunter calls just bought a couple more of the orange and red one today ...can't find a mouth call that I can talk turkey better on .....still wanna try Woodhaven

Honolua

I've been using a Woodhaven Toxic Orange a lot... It's really versatile. Best kee kee run call you ever heard