OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Indiana Bird Down

Started by ridgerunner, May 01, 2015, 12:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgerunner

Finally connected on my Indiana bird..Heard him gobble on other side of property I hunt, so I made a bee line to get over there where I already had a blind setup on a grassy area they like to strut after flydown...got across property and in blind before flydown... he was roosted about 200 yards north of me and across a big ravine..i waited until I knew he was on the ground and hit him with a flydown cackle on my Bob Fulcher box call..he gobbled and two more birds gobbled northeast of me...I traded my box call for Lonnie Sneed hot hen and after a few soft yelps and some cutting, he was the first to show up..so he got a dose of hevi-13 #6 shot..at 25 yards.

As I was gathering him up, the other two birds from earlier, hammered north of me in the timber, real close!.....so I got back in to blind and got out my cellphone to video the show...they showed up and they were on a mission...they gobbled as they crossed the grassy field, past me at 20 yards, beards a dragging, but they went right on by looking for that hen....i let them go and didn't mess with them, since I'm gonna have my son and daughter sitting there in the am. to try and get them a bird, her first bird...Was a great morning!..be even better tomorrow if my son or daughter can tag one of those longbeards.

bamahunter

Congrats! Hopefully you can get one of them on the next hunt

Crappiepro

Congrats on a nice bird!!
My buddy "PEASHOOTER" got one this morning in Owen county too.
Good luck with the little ones tomorrow!!

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like an awesome hunt!! :icon_thumright:
Best of luck with your kids on the other 2 gobblers!! :anim_25:

tomstopper

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

kyturkeyhunter4

Uncle Bucky

:turkey2: awesome, congrats brother

alloutdoors

101st501

Great story, good luck to the kids

Triple Gobble

Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

ridgerunner

Thanks all..appreciate it. Been Blessed to have the chance to chase birds for another year. Don't get any better.