Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ohio Gobbler Down! # 6 with Scratchbox..(Video)

Started by trb136, April 30, 2015, 03:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trb136

Well Scratchbox mania has hit Ohio and left them with one less gobbler, What a fantastic 3 days, Big Thanks to Roy,Mark and Chad for a great time fellowship, food and fellowship...We heard lots of birds had many encounters, Ohio first 2 weeks hunting is done at noon so after the hunt we jumped on the fishing! We caught lots of crappie and had a big fish fry one night along with some dandy Morels we picked the 2nd day..The last morning Roy and i went back to a spot we had a hot bird the day before but a coyote ruined our fun!  we sat up that morning and the woods were silet...I got that sinking tag sandwich feeling in my stomach. Roy suggested we skirt the property on our was out and call a little, we headed to the North end of the Property, I played the scratcher and Boom! a distant gobble not close but we had something, I waited a minuted called again and Big Boy is closing the distance...I popped up the DSD hen jumped behind a log and Roy got the video rolling...This is how it all unfolded, less than 4 minutes from the first gobble we heard...Man I love this stuff!! thats number 6 with the scratchbox this year!  Enjoy thanks Tim

https://youtu.be/iRghrVoRBoU

Thundermtn

Right on! To bad you didn't find a mushroom or two and be eating the spring trifecta meal. Killer hooks on him to, congrats!

Oops missed that you found some mushrooms. Sounds like a great trip

snapper1982

Congrats!

Quote from: Thundermtn on April 30, 2015, 03:17:55 PM
Right on! To bad you didn't find a mushroom or two and be eating the spring trifecta meal. Killer hooks on him to, congrats!

Guess you missed where it says some dandy morels.

alloutdoors

Congrats! Looks like a great bird and a great trip too!

SteelerFan

Wait a minute....

I'm trying to think if it gets any better than that....

NOPE!

Congrats, looks like a great time!

Smooth_Operator

Good lord what a set of hooks on that guy lol, congrats!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

kyturkeyhunter4

Great bird congrats! Now I'm going to have to find me something to eat after looking at those photos lol

zelmo1

beagler

Never Misses

RIO GRANDE MAN

Dr Juice

tomstopper

Limbstrutter

SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

taylorjones20