OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My self-filmed turkey hunts

Started by Pank, April 30, 2015, 12:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2hunt

Quote from: Strick9 on May 07, 2015, 06:16:11 PM
I have done some self filming as well and a lot of filming in general. I hunt most entirely public like it seems you do as well, so I know your hardships..

You lost me however when you used a cell phone to call your buddy to drag him past ya, may has well shot  him with a photon lazer in a caged zoo. Just my opinion but that bothered me a fair amount and to me he don't count much  dying that way. Dead is dead I reckon to most so no offense meant.. Otherwise fine job..partner. I see your not using dekes so that gives some credence of your character. Everybody gets weak oncet in awhile, especially I.
That was his Dad who called for him and I thought it was a pretty cool Father and Son team effort. Its a very commonly used and effective tactic and I have NO idea how you would compare it to a "caged zoo hunt" but what ever.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Strick9

Its just my opine brother. That was a little strong I reckon, but using a CELL PHONE to call anyone, Dad or not, to help you drag a turkey your way since you can't get him skillfully where ya want to kill him, well I guess that's just me hating on technology and doesn't seem like fair chase or respectable to me.. I can't really apologize for being that way.

Otherwise they were indeed excellent videos well filmed and with great audio as well. Like I said I reckon dead is dead to some folks regardless of how its done. To each there own.     

I recently scolded a fellow hunter for playing his recorded Turkey sounds ( He didn't want to learn to call I guess) from a cell phone while hunting as well. I reckon I might just be grumpy. Apologies if I offended the op. 
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Pank

Thank you all! It can be a pain in the neck but it makes it worth it when it works. Strick9, no offense taken bud. It was a great hunt and a great memory with my dad. That's the first turkey he or anyone has called in for me to be honest with ya. If I would have had time, I would have let him leave and set up on him again but I just didn't have time to do I that day.

Strick9

I get the time thing brother and was a bit hard on ya, just left a meetin talking about all kinds of such with bunch of whipper snappers lol. Glad to meet another film guy and especially one that hunts and films public land. Those hikes are rewarding.

Bring us up to speed on your camera set up.. Sounded like you were running a shotgun mike with those excellent audios. I used to run one but always forgot to turn the dang thing off, the sound is much better with it no doubt.

I run a Cannon XA 10 , its pretty awesome and hasn't failed in 5 years of Elk, Deer, hog and turkey hunting. For the money its hard to beat.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Pank

Love running those ridges, Strick 9. I use a Canon Vixia HF S20. I'm just using the internal mic. I have been wanting to get a shotgun mic but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Mike Honcho

Really nice video and hunt!   Great job!

ncturkey

I liked the videos. Congrats and good job.

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-