OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2 Public Land Osceola Gobblers Down

Started by BigGobbler, March 26, 2011, 05:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGobbler

2 Public land Osceola's down!! I took a weeks vacation this week to be off with the boys on there spring break and do some Turkey hunting. I let my son shoot a Jake on Friday after chasing big boy around all week. We just could not get him with in range with his hens with him everyday so I let him take the Jake. Its his first gobbler so I let him shoot it. 4" beard 1/2 spurs and 11 pounds. Then today the boys had some other stuff to do and did not want to go hunting with me so I went alone. I have only been out this week alone on morning and did not hear a gobble so I went today where I just knew there had to be a gobbler. daybreak came and I heard 2 different gobblers so I went after the one that was the farest away due to the other one was out towards the main road and I just knew someone had to be zeroing in on him already. I set up on him within 100 yards and did a fly down and raked the leaves and I went silent. He sounded off in a double double gobble frenzy. I thought he would never fly down but when he did he gobbled every step to to about 20 yards and I let him have it.  8 1/2" Beard 15 pounds and 1" spurs not the biggest but very rewarding to me after chasing them around all week.

FLGobstopper

a-j calls

archery1

Take a kid hunting

Flydown

JVA54

OLE RASPY

TURKEYWHACKER

Congrats and glad ya got your boy out there with ya.  :z-guntootsmiley:

timbrhuntr

nctrkyhntr

hookedspur

Heck Yea, its always better when one is your child . Congratulations guys.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

njdevilsb

Hognutz

Congrats to you and your son. Well done, boys..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!