OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Finally killed Badboy 2...(first up grade)

Started by jbrown, April 29, 2015, 11:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown

Del and I killed a huge gobbler 2 yrs ago on some of my private family land that we had named Badboy the yr before. Over the yrs I have seen and killed some huge gobblers around a field known as the Red House field, must be some good genes there. I saw this gobbler the first week of season this yr, he looked huge, I named him Badboy 2. I killed his runnin buddy the first week, a good triple bearded gobbler. Badboy 2 had most of the hens around the field and had beat down the rest of the gobblers. Turkeys here finally started gettin right about a week ago. Tuesday mornin the 28th, was cool and windy as I slipped in the big pines about 300yds from the field, one hoot and 3 gobblers fired off. I set up on a road in the pines that connects the Red House field with a field behind me that we call Jacks field, I put 1 hen decoy in the road and backed off the road 20yds to a tree that I have sat by many times, I have killed at least 15 gobbers here. When the time was right, I tree called once, he gobbled, 30 seconds later I did a fly down with my turkey wing, he gobbled, followed by a 3 note yelp....he gobbled. He flew down and 15 mins later, after 1 small yelp on the trumpet, he came in followed by 3 hens. Weight 21.56, Spurs 1.375 & .625(broken), Beard 11.125, Score 63.81. Killin Badboy 2 was bitter sweet, I love to hunt gobblers that have been livin long enough to have a name, maybe Badboy 3 will show up in the future.

merocustomcalls

Sounds like a pretty mature gobbler, congrats Jim!!

savduck

Man wish i could have been there with ya after our close encounter with them last thursday.

He is a stud turkey for sure. Time for you to whack one of the " three amigos" now
Georgia Boy

savduck

Jim, can you post pictures in kill page so we can make him official
Georgia Boy