turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Well the Florida 2015 Spring Gobbler Season has ended

Started by 870supermagnum, April 27, 2015, 03:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870supermagnum

I had a great season this year hunting with my two grandson (ages 11 and 8).  The 11 year old shot a nice gobbler on opening morning and I hunted with my 8 year old grandson the rest of the season trying to even the score, but no luck.  He had the opportunity to shot a nice gobbler yesterday afternoon and had a clean miss.  He was so disappointed the cried over it.  I assured him we all miss at times and next year will be his year.  A fun time was had by all!

:fud:     :OGani:

Stoner

It was a good season in Florida this year. Where I was hunting I did manage to limit out and get a turkey in for my daughter to shot (her first turkey). Only bad thing this year were the ticks were extremely bad where I was hunting. The acreage where I hunt was burned this year and I thought that would knock down the tick population but it did not. Glad to you had a good season with your grandsons, he will get his bird next year. My daughter missed a couple of gobblers last season and I a Red-Dot sight on her shotgun and now she is deadly, might consider that for next year. She killed an Osceola and a Eastern using the Red-Dot.

FL-Boss

Bad year in North Central FL. Much more quiet than normal,  pretty sure the  numbers of birds were down due to the record amount of rain last spring....it was unreal and I know it screwed up their nesting. Plus I just didn't see many young birds this season, may be tough for a few years. 

Managed to kill one nice bird, but given how time I was in the woods, I should have killed 2.  I'm tired, beat up and eaten up by bug bites ... kinda nice to heal and relax.. but already counting down the days until next year...

born2hunt

Good to here of success and I hope everyone had a blast. We did pretty well here in central Fl also , managed to tag out myself and call one in for my Dad witch is always a pleasure. My top goal for the season was getting my daughter her first. We come very close on her youth hunt and I planned on taking her more but she broke her arm the second week of the season and got stuck in a long cast witch made handling her gun nearly impossible. She was pretty bummed and It didn't help seeing us drag birds home but she'll be ready for next year.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

mgm1955

101st501

zelmo1

Snoodsniper

Congrats and better luck next year to the little guy.