OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

IN bird down

Started by Shoot2thrill25, April 26, 2015, 01:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoot2thrill25

Killed him Saturday morning at 715 am. Him and four other birds were gobbling there heads off all right together. They were double and triple gobbling. It was awesome. I had waited at the truck until I heard the first gobble to decide where to go, so I had kind of a odd setup. I set up my avian x jake and my HS Susie snood hen off of a little finger that came off the main timber. Then snuck about 30 yards further down the edge of he main timber. The theory was if they  came down the edge of the timber I'd cut em off. I was mouth calling enough to keep them gobbling and let them know where I was. they all ended up circling out in the field and coming to the decoys behind me. First one tom ran in and started to beat the crap out of my jake decoy. When he started doing that a second Tom ran in. The first Tom took off and the second Tom proceeded to beat down the jake decoy. He knocked it over and climbed up on top of it and continued. While he was busy I was taking advantage and getting around the giant tree I had set up on.  I found him in my cross hair and that was that. Pretty awesome hunt and am really wishing you could kill more than 1 bird in IN. It was my first trip out and only lasted about 35 min. He weighed 21.8 lbs had a 7.5 in beard and his Spurs were 28 mm and 31mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

Good job, I couldn't live in a one bird state, in fact I live in a 3 bird state and am still hunting out of state.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

alloutdoors

Dr Juice

tomstopper

mgm1955

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Tennessee Lead

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

alclark2

Hoosier Hunt n Fish

kyturkeyhunter4

Nice turkey, congrats

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 26, 2015, 01:49:51 PM
Good job, I couldn't live in a one bird state, in fact I live in a 3 bird state and am still hunting out of state.
:icon_thumright:

Congrats on your gobbler!! :icon_thumright:

Limbstrutter

SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

Limbstrutter

Way to go.  Congrats
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320