turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

N.C. Gobbler

Started by Cut N Run, April 26, 2015, 12:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut N Run

Took a nice gobbler at one of the farms I help maintain in exchange for right to hunt on.  He weighed just under 21 pounds, had an 11 inch beard and 1.125 inch spurs.  He walked past me less than 10 feet and I waited until he got to 15 yards before I took the shot.

Jim

Luck counts, good or bad.

Bigstruttin

That's a great bird! What county do you hunt? I live in tn but I hunt western nc

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Cut N Run

Thanks for the kind words.  This one came from Orange County. I also hunt Warren, Granville, and some in Durham counties.  That was the fourth gobbler I killed from sitting against the same tree in the past 3 years.  I've still got one tag to spend.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Dr Juice

cuppednlocked

Nice gobbler!

I'm glad they are cooperating with someone.  They have been challenging for me this season.

ncturkey

Congrats on a fine NC Longbeard. I hunt on game lands in Western NC. Guys are have some real good luck too.

alloutdoors

tomstopper

mgm1955

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase