turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Spray painting a ground blind

Started by SinGin, April 25, 2015, 09:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

Spray painting a ground blind. Sound crazy, anyone ever tried it? Got one on the cheap last year and its just not green enough for me in the spring. So do you all think it will work?

MEbeardlover

Gonna be tough to find a new, spring-like green color that isn't glossy. Also, if it is just for turkeys and won't be used for deer, coyotes, etc., the smell won't matter.

If it stays in the shadows and gets brushed in well, you may be able to get by without painting it.

2eagles

I had a ground blind I thought was too shiny, so I misted it with flat black like I do my waterfowl layout blinds. Worked great. I don't know why you couldn't use a camo green spray bomb to green it up a little.

SinGin

I think I spent more on spray paint than I paid for the blind. Oh well I really dislike real tree camo and now it's gone

kyturkeyhunter4

Spray painting it will work, but I wouldn't won't to take it deer hunting because of the smell. I think the deer would notice it.

WV TURKEY THUG

i spray painted the top of my blind on the the inside with some flex seal or something like that got tired of see little tiny holes about the size of needle. might have to try spray painting the outside might make it last longer if it protects it from uv rays.

WV TURKEY THUG

Quote from: SinGin on April 26, 2015, 07:17:45 PM
I think I spent more on spray paint than I paid for the blind. Oh well I really dislike real tree camo and now it's gone
got any pics

stinkpickle

You could paint that sucker up like a circus tent, and turkeys still wouldn't care.  I wouldn't bother.  ;)

WV TURKEY THUG

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 28, 2015, 02:53:33 PM
You could paint that sucker up like a circus tent, and turkeys still wouldn't care.  I wouldn't bother.  ;)
i agree i had two big toms and 5 hens carrying on like crazy i kid you not 10 yards from the truck. that was two years ago. and no i didnt shoot one it was before season and i was just messing around with them

2eagles

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on April 28, 2015, 02:28:24 PM
Spray painting it will work, but I wouldn't won't to take it deer hunting because of the smell. I think the deer would notice it.

The paint smell goes away.

SinGin

Finished it up lastnight and I'll try to get some pics. Good side it's a little more waterproof, bad side it's a lot more noisy on the out side. I painted it cause it had a wat too shiny camo finish on it.