turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TN Double Beard - biggest to date, on video

Started by catman529, April 24, 2015, 03:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

Been slow around here, I've had certain days that birds fire up, but mostly it's been all too quiet. Also have almost no early mornings to hunt since starting another job last year....

Wednesday was dead quiet except when I struck a bird on public land that gobbled twice (sounded jakey to me). He came in to 20 yards before I saw the long beard, then he took off running when I got the gun up. Rookie mistake

Thursday was also quiet on private land with a friend, until he hit the slate call and one fired up across the hollow.

We set up 2 or 3 times with him using the slate and me using a wingbone and finally had the perfect setup with the bird really close and plenty of cover between us. I made the last few yelps and the bird came in quiet a few minutes later.

He weighed 24 lb 7 oz, my heaviest bird, also my first double beard with a 10.75" and 8" beards. Spurs were  1 1/8

Here is the video: https://youtu.be/7LfoSNn3wbQ

Here are pics:

Thanks for looking, sure was a good day in the woods

chuckward

kyturkeyhunter4

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

alloutdoors

Greg Massey

Çatman I see and read about you on another forum I enjoy the videos and stuff you post. I'm a deer and turkey hunter from west Tenn. I have already tag out for the Tenn season. Keep up the videos and the great post. Good luck on the rest of the season. Remember to keep the bead on the turkey....lol.

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

mgm1955

DawgsFan1

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

catman529

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 24, 2015, 06:34:13 PM
Çatman I see and read about you on another forum I enjoy the videos and stuff you post. I'm a deer and turkey hunter from west Tenn. I have already tag out for the Tenn season. Keep up the videos and the great post. Good luck on the rest of the season. Remember to keep the bead on the turkey....lol.
wish I could remember that, lol. Thanks

Sent from the talk of tap

Dr Juice

steveo

timberjack86

TNTRKYHunter

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.