OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Agenda

Started by allaboutshooting, April 22, 2015, 06:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

As many, perhaps most of you know, through firsthand experience, I have no agenda here on OG except to be helpful. It is true that on my site I offer Ambush, Hevi-13, JEB.s, Mossberg, Swarm, Pure Gold, Wright's, Truglo SSX, Trulock and other turkey chokes for sale and I recommend what I have found is best for anyone who inquires.

I've offered a free service for over 20 years to anyone who inquires, matching a barrel length, shotshell and choke to help them optimize the performance of what they have. For many, that's just meant "deep cleaning" their barrel and using what they have as far as choke and shotshell.

I am published in both print and Internet and do my best, without any reservation, to show what chokes and shells will do best in particular guns. My publications are without prejudice and do not favor any choke or shotshell brand, as can easily be determined by reading my work.

I know most if not all of the major manufacturers of choke tubes and shotshells. I regularly communicate with them and they understand my unbiased approach to their products. Frankly, I'd like for everyone to "do best" but that's just not possible. I publish what the range results support and manufacturers support and understand that.

I have been doing this for a very long time now, about 4 decades, since before the beginning of the nontoxic shot revolution. I was there when Hevi-Shot was introduced and have seen the evolution of many turkey loads. I've seen the production of many turkey chokes and the demise of many more.

Yes, I do market turkey chokes but only those that I have found to work well over the years. I also have just about any other brand of turkey choke in my inventory and if you want one, I can probably fill your order and have it to you in 2-3 days. Most turkey chokes commercially manufactured today are quite good. I shoot them all and have them all.

Lastly, I do not bash anyone, any turkey shells or any turkey chokes. I've found over the years that folks who do have an agenda that has little to do with being helpful.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

grayfox

Sure appreciate all the work & help you provide to this forum Clark.  I know you sure helped me with choosing the right choke & loads for my setup as well as many others.  Thank you for all the hard work, time & knowledge you share with us.  God bless you buddy.

SteelerFan

Quote from: grayfox on April 22, 2015, 07:16:37 PM
Sure appreciate all the work & help you provide to this forum Clark.  I know you sure helped me with choosing the right choke & loads for my setup as well as many others.  Thank you for all the hard work, time & knowledge you share with us.  God bless you buddy.
X2

backwater

Quote from: grayfox on April 22, 2015, 07:16:37 PM
X3...    Thanks for all you do Clark.

Dr Juice

A true gentlemen. Thank you Sir for your contributions to our great sport and interest.

darn2ten

I appreciate your time! I've met and talked to Clark at the NWTF convention, he's a heck of a guy and a real class act!

Half fast

Thanks Clark .Appreciate it all  :fud:

zelmo1

:thanks: Thanks for all the info you put up on this site, it is very informative

trackerbucky

:agreed:  Thanks for the wealth of information that you contribute to this site.  You are truly a class act.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

Oconeeguy

Clark,

The quality of your character comes through in your conversations on Old Gobbler. From the tone of the communications I have read here over the years, it is clear that you have the respect of just about everyone on the site. To be respected like that among your peers is evidence of that quality. Glad you are part of this great web site

tomstopper

Quote from: Oconeeguy on April 23, 2015, 12:38:59 PM
Clark,

The quality of your character comes through in your conversations on Old Gobbler. From the tone of the communications I have read here over the years, it is clear that you have the respect of just about everyone on the site. To be respected like that among your peers is evidence of that quality. Glad you are part of this great web site
:agreed: Very well written and speaks the truth Clark. Thank you.

ncturkeytalk

Mr. Clark,
Thank you truly for being a Man of True Valor and Honesty, you have helped me in so many ways, that i will always be eternally greatful. Whether reading your posts on this forum or taking the time to PM me personally to answer my questions, no matter how stupid i may ask them, it is so very helpful and generous and everyone can and should benefit from your knowledge.
Thanks
Mike
Ncturkeytalk

taylorjones20

I wish there were more people in this world like Clark! He will do anything he can to help someone else!
As its already been mentioned - Thank you for all you do!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

RutnNStrutn

Clark, you practice what you preach. I have found you to be nothing but a gentleman, and helpful and respectful. You sir tower above most men. :icon_thumright: I have much respect for you, and anyone who says you have an agenda isn't seeing the big picture.

jim570

I was new to turkey hunting a few years ago.  Thanks to your recommendations and advice, I have three awesome shooting turkey guns for myself and my two kids.

Thank you for your help.

Jim