turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Becareful around water

Started by jodyp427, April 22, 2015, 10:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodyp427

Everyone needs to becareful around water this year. I walked up on this Saturday morning.

jblackburn

I'd have been short one turkey load . . .
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

gophert

jodyp427

Don't worry I didn't leave him to bite anyone. But there is a lot more where this one came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

I had the same thing happen a few deer seasons ago.  It was a frosty morning, in early November but when I saw him it had warmed up to around 60 and he was sunning himself on a log up out of the water.  I walked to within 15 feet of him and he was fully coiled with his white mouth completely open ready to nail me.  Be careful out there.

Dr Juice

101st501

It made me want to check around my feet sitting here at the computer.

dutch@fx4

looks like a big one ,,what kind would that be ,,we have a few small snakes here is southern ont,but nothing like that .mayby a rat snake or garden snake  that thing is big ,,Dutch

Onpoint

Quote from: dutch@fx4 on April 22, 2015, 02:23:19 PM
looks like a big one ,,what kind would that be ,,we have a few small snakes here is southern ont,but nothing like that .mayby a rat snake or garden snake  that thing is big ,,Dutch
Cotton. Mouth

Cut N Run

Moccasin has an attitude bigger than they are long too. 

In 1975, I was fishing around Pamlico Sound with a friend and his father, and we were taking the boat to a launch in the sound.  There was a VW Beetle turned kind of diagonal in the lane ahead of us.  My friend's father went to see if they were broke down and needed help.  It turns out there was a huge water moccasin challenging the car.  We grabbed oars and paddles from the boat and my friend's father had the driver run over the snake as he pounded it's head with an oar.  That thing was 5 feet 2 inches long and as big around as a motorcycle tire.  It had 2 inch fangs too.  I was watching my step everywhere I went the rest of that trip.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Tennessee Lead

Only good snake is a dead snake lol I really don't care for them.

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

greentag

i saw a cow snake hunting the other day and wasn't right the rest of the day,i could only imagine walking up on that thing!!!

trackerbucky

Man, I don't understand how you southern guys walk into the woods and set down at the base of a tree in the dark with things like that crawling around.  You have my admiration.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

Sixes

Gotta watch where you walk, that's for sure.

I killed this one a couple weeks back.

jblackburn

Quote from: trackerbucky on April 22, 2015, 04:29:45 PM
Man, I don't understand how you southern guys walk into the woods and set down at the base of a tree in the dark with things like that crawling around.  You have my admiration.

you learn to bring a flashlight or use your foot (in snake boots) to clear the junk from the base of the tree!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.