OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Redheart/Snakewood/Mammoth Ivory

Started by Gobblerstopper, April 22, 2015, 06:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobblerstopper

Finished this pot up the other day and thought I'd show it off. It's a looker and a talker for sure.

The pot is Redheart with crystal calling surface and slate soundboard. The Merriam feather is off a bird I shot in Nebraska last spring.

The striker is turned from Snakewood and tipped with a piece of 10,000 year old Mammoth Ivory. Thanks for looking.

mwr

Onpoint

Quote from: Gobblerstopper on April 22, 2015, 06:47:08 AM
Finished this pot up the other day and thought I'd show it off. It's a looker and a talker for sure.

The pot is Redheart with crystal calling surface and slate soundboard. The Merriam feather is off a bird I shot in Nebraska last spring.

The striker is turned from Snakewood and tipped with a piece of 10,000 year old Mammoth Ivory. Thanks for looking.

Wow

I Want it.

eorlando

mwr

Quote from: Onpoint on April 22, 2015, 07:37:01 AM
Quote from: Gobblerstopper on April 22, 2015, 06:47:08 AM

Wow

I Want it.
Get in line!!!!!     :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

REBELYELL

SteelerFan

Very impressive work! I doubt I could use that for a bird though.... I'd be too busy wrapping it back up in the velvet-lined padded case before sitting it on the ground beside me as the bird was coming in!! LOL

sbbow

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Gobbler2577

Nobody likes a show off! 

In all seriousness, that may be the most beautiful call and striker I've ever seen.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Roughneck

darn2ten

Nice looking call, but to purty to hunt with!

greentag

ive got a birthday coming up,and though you might not know me,it would make my day for you to wrap that up and send it to me!!!  :you_rock:i would never get rid of it.

Gobblerstopper

Quote from: greentag on April 23, 2015, 01:29:29 AM
ive got a birthday coming up,and though you might not know me,it would make my day for you to wrap that up and send it to me!!!  :you_rock:i would never get rid of it.

Its funny you mention "never get rid of it".  I decided last night to give it to my nephew for his birthday for that very reason.