OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tim McGraw Doing Benefit Concert for Gun Control Group

Started by BigBen81, April 21, 2015, 04:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBen81

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2015/04/17/tim-mcgraw-trashed-for-playing-sandy-hook-concert/25956401/
QuoteHARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Tim McGraw is defending his decision to headline a Connecticut concert to benefit a Sandy Hook group, responding to critics who call it a gun-control fundraiser.

For anyone who thinks that this group isn't a gun-control group, just look at their web page:
http://www.sandyhookpromise.org/keep_it_safe_and_secure
QuoteA gun in the home is 22 times more likely to be used in a homicide, suicide, or unintentional shooting than it is to be used in self-defense[iii]
http://wordsandvotes.sandyhookpromise.org/#/influential/400277

KYHeadhunter02

I just found out today Garth Brooks stands behind Obama. Pretty boy Tim has probably never shot a gun in his life. Nugent may be ignorant but atleast he speaks his mind and supports the NRA.

Rwgrobe

You can bet they have security working for them that are packing. Heaven forbid a working man that lives from one pay check to next try and protect his self. The wealthy always wants to control the working man.

davisd9

McGraw is a liberal. He refers to himself as a "blue dog democrat" and he supports Obama. I have no use for him.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

laker

A country singer supporting gun control? It may be a stereotype, but that doesn't sound like the norm to me?!  ???

howl

He's not a country singer. There's a lot of good country singers out there, but you won't hardly hear them on fm radio.

I don't listen to twang pop anyhow, so it's hard to get upset about another fruit loop entertainer acting out.

JLH

And Carrie Underwood is a anti hunter as well.....

Tim needs to worry about his hair, or lack there of.... not our guns.
embrace your baldness.

Amazing how money makes better hypocrites...

Prohunter3509

kyturkeyhunter4

turkey_slayer

Quote from: JLH on April 21, 2015, 07:56:46 PM
And Carrie Underwood is a anti hunter as well.....

Tim needs to worry about his hair, or lack there of.... not our guns.
embrace your baldness.

Amazing how money makes better hypocrites...
Sad thing is Carrie grew up on a farm. Country isn't country anymore. It's more pop. Seems like 99% of celebs are freaking nuts

Bowguy

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

mgm1955

Quote from: Rwgrobe on April 21, 2015, 05:44:40 PM
You can bet they have security working for them that are packing. Heaven forbid a working man that lives from one pay check to next try and protect his self. The wealthy always wants to control the working man.
You've hit the nail on the head!!

Mike Honcho

I've never cared for him,maybe because he always wears a hat!  Now I really don't care for him.

trb136