OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Long tough season!

Started by sasquatch1, April 21, 2015, 09:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch1

sasquatch1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sasquatch1

Oklahoma souvenirs i scooped up along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chilly

Nice story.  Way to stay after them and not give up!
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

alloutdoors

CT Spur Collector

Cool story, I like the idea that you use what I call the four Ps.

Patience, perseverance, persistence and passion.

I once asked an old timer how he gets them year in and year out?    He said:  "I've never shot one from the kitchen table".

Good job.

jblackburn

Congrats on the birds!  Rios do have the easy reputation, but they can be tough and the places they live can make it tough to set up.  Way to hang in there!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Tail Feathers

Congrats on two hard earned birds! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

GobbleNut

Congratulations on the birds. 
All the talk about "easy birds" or "tough birds", regardless of subspecies, is fundamentally a function of where you hunt them.  I, too, had heard all the talk about how easy Rios are to kill,...but it took me seven years to get my first one. 

kjnengr

Sasquatch, I know the feeling.  Glad you ended up getting your bird(s). Sometimes, when you look back, it makes the memory that much better.

Quote from: GobbleNut on April 21, 2015, 04:46:18 PM
All the talk about "easy birds" or "tough birds", regardless of subspecies, is fundamentally a function of where you hunt them.  I, too, had heard all the talk about how easy Rios are to kill,...but it took me seven years to get my first one.

GobbleNut, I wholeheartedly agree with you.  A couple of buddies and I hunt Rios in central Texas every year.  It's not shooting fish in a barrel like so many people make is seem and is often difficult just to bag one turkey.  However, just to reinforce your statement, the birds the next ranch over are quite different and "participate" a whole lot better.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mgm1955

darn2ten

Congrats on the birds, and yes you better eat your Wheaties when you go after one of those public land Osceolas, lol!

porcupine