OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

truglo ssx disaster....

Started by DirtNap647, April 21, 2015, 07:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwr

Quote from: Birdyblaster on April 22, 2015, 01:03:45 AM
Have the people having these problems been using anti seize on the choke threads? Failure to do so can definitely cause them to stick.
Yeppers!!  Too many people don't use it...........

allaboutshooting

Quote from: allaboutshooting on April 21, 2015, 09:33:25 AM
Quote from: Dirt nap on April 21, 2015, 07:03:00 AM
truglo ssx shot it 3 times choke stuck in buddies barrel took pipe wrench to get it out what a mess not sure what happened and to the eye it looks not swelled? and other chokes now will not go in... $1400 browning maxus :z-dizzy:

Please have your buddy contact Ken Levin in CS at Truglo 888.8.TRUGLO He would like to discuss the details with him.

Thanks,
Clark

I'll be interested to hear if/how your conversation went.

Thanks.
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

captpete

I had the same issue with SSX in my 870. It didn't mess up the barrel, but I was very concerned when I need a pair of pliers to break it loose and turn 6-7 turns before I could finally turn it by hand....yes, I did use anti-seaze on the threads. I shot Long Breads 6's, HV 6's and XX Mag 6's. The HV's & XX's had very similar patterns and LB's were just plain terrible. I contacted TruGlo and they had me return the choke to the place I bought it. I was impressed with the patterns I got with it, but I'm very leary of putting another one in my gun.

Longshanks

Quote from: jordanz7935 on April 21, 2015, 11:38:49 AM
Wow another ssx failure....sorry for your buddies luck.Honestly i think thats like the 15th ssx failure ive seen on here this year. Hopefully truglo will replace his barrel.                 

Yes, it's sort of interesting. I've heard of allot of tru-glo chokes failing over the years but the big buzz about chokes in the last several years has been about Kicks chokes. I've never seen or heard of a Kicks choke failing and I know allot of people that run HTL through them and have heard numerous stories of people owning them for years and years. I have 4 of them and have never had a problem. I recently bought an SSX combo with sight for 24.99. Great deal but I'm concerned about running it in my barrel. Haven't shot it yet.

jordanz7935

Yep. I think its time to put a recall out on those poorly manufactured chinese chokes.Or, someone from truglo needs hop on a plane to Shanghai and teach them something about quality control.People can defend truglo all they want they're just sugarcoating a serious issue. Ive never seen an issue with a kicks choke, me and my uncle have put several rounds of hevi though ours with zero issues.