turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2 Rio Grandes down

Started by roboto65, April 20, 2015, 10:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roboto65

Had a great weekend friend took me out to his lease in central Texas have been preparing for the hunt for months after he said I could go spring hunting at there lease. First off thanks to my buddy even though he won't read this LOL. The first bird yeah first my first Turkey actually I got with my rifle yeah rifle don't jump me but  we were on our way to the stands.

We were coming on the second gate for a evening hunt and had not heard anything in that area that morning so planned on getting a Hog and I looked out the right side and there were 3 Turkeys about 200 yards out I grabbed the rifle as I figured I could crawl a little closer and I did but stopped about 100 yards out and sighted on the big boy and shot my first Turkey down he had a 9 inch beard and about 1 1/8 spurs doing the dance I was on cloud nine. I know it was with a rifle but it was a good shot.

The next day well today we went out in the morning to a different area and what a beautiful morning in Texas sat at a stand looking out to the fields and tree line wondering when they would start and about 45 minutes after daylight the first gobble came out to the front of me I moved forward to a clearing and sat the base of a little tree and used my Spring Creek short box and they gobbled back.

I sat facing the tree line but there was some trees to my left and guess where 2 gobblers came out yep to my side  :help: well I had my shotgun up but not in the right direction so I let them get closer and they came up and crossed in front of a brush pile so I quickly as quick as I could shifted my point then sat still one came down and cleared the brush and BOOM I let him have it Turkey down came in to 11yds paced it off more Happy dancing  :funnyturkey:  His beard was 10 inches and his spurs were about 1 inch

So for my first on my own Turkey hunt I got 2 birds in one weekend well counting Monday LOL

Oh almost forgot this was first blood for both guns Mossberg 835 Turkey Thug and 300 Blackout AR

Tony Harris

Them Rio's are pretty birds. I love to hunt Texas when I can.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper

roboto65

Thanks guys, yeah had a great weekend ready for the 1st heading back out to fill my tags I hope LOL

beagler

Never Misses

Thundermtn