turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bullhead Turkey in the Prairie Grass + Video

Started by Ishi, April 20, 2015, 10:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ishi

April 16 I had my first morning hunt here in Iowa. I packed in a half mile where I have shot turkeys before. There didn't seem to be any turkeys close as there was no gobbling in the roost. I thought it was going to be a wasted morning. At 7:00 AM I looked up and two jakes where across the marsh doing the old rubber neck. I made two calls on my Woodhaven slate and here they came. I had my new toy (Tacktacam) so I thought I would get some footage when the unexpected happened..... just watch the video its 5 minutes long it will tell the story better   https://youtu.be/CBy_ar0K60w                                    
The Spirit Lives On

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

2eagles

Very nice. You waited until the last morning of season#1 to do your first hunt?

Ishi

Quote from: 2eagles on April 21, 2015, 07:15:54 AM
Very nice. You waited until the last morning of season#1 to do your first hunt?
In Iowa the Archery tags are good for all 4 seasons so that way I can pace myself and save vacation day for the rut in November. Also shooting hour are 1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset. Its interesting how the states are different on the Regulations.
The Spirit Lives On

2eagles

One of those "DUH" moments for me. Didn't even think about you being a bow hunter. I hunt seasons 1 and 4 so I know about our Iowa seasons, just was thinking gun hunting. I haven't gotten to the place in life where I want to try bow hunting turkeys.

tomstopper

NorfolkHunter

Great hunt! I was expecting you to smash one of the jakes when the tom came running in. It sure is fun shooting toms with Bullheads. D.O.C.! Again congrats!

Ishi

2eagles you should seriously consider bowhunting turkeys you won`t regret it. It let you spend many days in the field unless you can whack em quick. I can shoot one always in the first week then it get tougher but that's hunting and not killing.  :anim_25:
The Spirit Lives On

mgm1955

porcupine

Nice!!! I think that jake might have worn a hole in your decoy :TooFunny:

bamahunter

daveco

Thanks for the video!  Can that camera be mounted off the bow, like on a tripod, or to the blind frame?

Ishi

Quote from: daveco on April 22, 2015, 03:26:41 PM
Thanks for the video!  Can that camera be mounted off the bow, like on a tripod, or to the blind frame?
Yes it can. Many different attachments come with it. The stabilizer attachment was to low for using it in the blind so I attached above my sight. For 300$ its a good camera and very simple to use. When I use it in deer season it will be in the stabilizer mount. I just wish I had bought one sooner.
The Spirit Lives On